The LVN Charge Nurse will assist in ensuring the provision of quality care that promotes the highest practicable physical, mental and psychological well-being of each resident as determined by resident assessments and individual plans of care.
- During rounds observes, assess, documents, and reports resident condition/changes
- Assures implementation of care plans as directed
- Administers medications as prescribed
- Conduct rounds with physician and record visits in clinical records
- Perform narcotic reconciliation with incoming and outgoing shifts
- Identify significant changes in the condition of residents and takes necessary action per facility policies and procedures
- Oversees and monitors aides
- Initiate and complete Incident and Accident Reports per facility policy
- Discharge residents per facility policy
- Must complete Nursing Assessment for Physician Calls prior to calling physician on any change in resident condition
- Communicate with resident’s point of contact when they ask for a status update or if there is a change in condition
- Other special projects or functions can be assigned at times by the Director of Nurses and/or the Administrator
Qualifications Educational/Training Requirements
Has completed an LVN program at an accredited vocational school or college.
Must be an active Licensed Vocational Nurse in the state of Texas in good standing.
Experience working in a skilled nursing facility is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative but not necessary all inclusive, of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to effectively communicate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Lifting - 1-25 lbs
Lifting - 25-50 lbs
Lifting - 50+ lbs
Carrying - 1-25 lbs
Carrying - 25-50 lbs
Carrying - 50+ lbs
Pushing/Pulling - 1-25 lbs
Pushing/Pulling - 25-50 lbs
Pushing/Pulling - 50+ lbs
Sliding/Transferring - 1-25 lbs
Sliding/Transferring - 25-50 lbs
Sliding/Transferring - 50+ lbs
- Licensed Vocational Nurses
- Clinical Works