At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Government & Public Sector - Cybersecurity – Strategy, Risk, Compliance and Resilience – Experienced Staff
From strategy to execution, the Government & Public Sector practice ("GPS") of Ernst& Young LLP provides a full range of consulting and audit services to help our Federal, State, Local and Education clients implement new ideas to help achieve their mission outcomes. We deliver real change and measurable results through our diverse, high-performing teams, quality work at the highest professional standards, operational know-how from across our global organization, and creative and bold ideas that drive innovation. We enable our government clients to achieve their mission of protecting the nation and serving the people; increasing public safety; improving healthcare for our military, veterans and citizens; delivering essential public services; and helping those in need. EY is ready to help our government build a better working world.
As our GPS practice continues to expand, we currently have experienced staff openings in our Technology Consulting service line within our Cybersecurity - Strategy, Risk, Compliance and Resilience competency (SRC&R).
This team assists our clients with aligning a security management strategy with their business goals by assessing, designing, training, implementing and operating cybersecurity processes and solutions. This function is supported by our strategic alliances with third-party vendors and leveraging cybersecurity frameworks.
Your Key Responsibilities
The experienced Staff provides cybersecurity troubleshooting, analysis and technical expertise and oversees the work of junior team members. Additional responsibilities include:
- Support a Cyber engagement team in SRCR.
- Participate in the assessment of cybersecurity controls, programs and strategies using our proprietary framework and industry frameworks
- Participate in SRC&R solutions based upon engagement defined policies and procedures
- Review cybersecurity measurements and monitor development and operations
- Assist in the development of cybersecurity strategies and roadmap development
- Assist with NIST Risk Management Framework and Assessment and Authorization enhancement, operations and governance
- Cybersecurity focused Supply Chain Risk Management and/or Third-Party Risk management operations, assessment and enablement
- Participate in Cybersecurity process design and re-engineering.
- Monitor progress and manage risk while ensuring stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes
- Leverage knowledge of industry trends to identify engagement and client service issues; communicate this information to the on-site engagement team through written correspondence and verbal presentations.
- Deliver quality client services. Drive high-quality work products within expected timeframes and on budget
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor's degree in a related field and a minimum of 2 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 1 year of related work experience.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret-level clearance or higher.
- Working knowledge of security frameworks and standards such as NIST 800-37, NIST 800-53, FIPS 199, FIPS 200, NIST CSF, NIST 800-161, CMMC and cybersecurity laws and regulations such as FISMA.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Cybersecurity assessments
- IT and cybersecurity policies, standards, procedures and controls
- Cybersecurity strategies and roadmaps
- Cybersecurity awareness and training
- Cybersecurity metrics and reporting
- Cybersecurity organization design and implementation
- Cybersecurity and risk management solution design and implementation (e.g. SNOW IRM, Archer GRC, RiskLens, Azure Security Center, etc.)
- Federal RMF solution operations (e.g eMass CSAM, Xacta, etc.)
- Cybersecurity and IT architecture experience (e.g. cloud security architect, security architect)
- Demonstrated characteristics of a forward thinker and self-motivator who thrives on new challenges and adapts to learning new knowledge.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Able to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- The EY Government and Public Sector Practice's staffing model is to assign resources to projects aligned to the office within the metropolitan area you have been hired; however, in certain circumstances, travel may be required within and/or beyond your geographic region based on client and project needs. For roles within the federal practice, the flexibility to travel up to approximately 30% is preferred. Within the state, local and education practice, the flexibility to travel up to approximately 80% is preferred.
Ideally, you'll also have
- Consulting experience or experience working on technical projects
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY’s Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Government and Public Sector - Cybersecurity Risk Consultant.
- Cloud Computing Security
- Customer Service