Canon U.S.A., Inc., in Melville, NY is a respected leader in the Imaging and Office Equipment industry. We are seeking a Sales Tax Accountant (Accountant, Tax)
who will be responsible for ensuring compliance obligations are efficient, on time and accurate, while minimizing the company’s sales tax liabilities. Other tax projects include sales and use tax reviews and audit defense.
- Prepare and review sales and use tax returns for multi-states, to comply with state and local regulations
- Prepare and review journal entries and perform account reconciliations, identify account variances and determine corrective courses of action
- Review purchase invoices to determine taxability and review use tax accruals for accuracy
- Review customers’ sales tax exemption certificate, based on the state requirements, and update systems
- Maintain setups in Vertex O series for sales and purchase transactions
- Prepare support documents for requests from external auditors
- Research tax rules and regulations for various sales and purchase transactions and stay current with changes in tax law
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, CPA helpful
- 3-5 years of multi-state sales tax accounting experience
- Requires general accounting work experience and knowledge of GAAP
- Oracle experience a plus
- Strong Excel skills are required
- Proficiency with Vertex Indirect Tax O Series and Vertex Returns, or similar tax management system required
- Oracle experience a plus
- Strong Excel skills required
- Ability to work independently and interact well with others
The company will not pursue or support visa sponsorship for this position.
About our Company - Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions to the United States and to Latin America and the Caribbean markets. With approximately $36 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2018† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies in 2019. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based service and support for all of the products it distributes in the United States. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. In 2014, the Canon Americas Headquarters secured LEED® Gold certification, a recognition for the design, construction, operations and maintenance of high-performance green buildings. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Sales and Use Tax Accountant (Indirect Tax)
and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA. For media inquiries, please contact [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Sales and Use Tax Accountant (Indirect Tax)
† Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
We are an EEO/AA employer. Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers’ site [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Sales and Use Tax Accountant (Indirect Tax)
, we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Sales and Use Tax Accountant (Indirect Tax)
#PM19 #CUSA #LI-NF1 #CBNR
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles