The Save Mart Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers in California and Nevada. It is home to a number of well-known brands in food retailing. You might have seen our banners that include Save Mart, Lucky, Lucky California and Food Maxx. We also have 4 distribution centers and SMART Refrigerated Transport, a trucking firm that transports dry groceries, frozen foods, ice and novelties to all of The Save Mart Companies stores. We are a locally and family owned business, headquartered in the heart of one of the greatest agricultural areas of our nation - the San Joaquin Valley. Come and join our team!
We are currently recruiting for the position of:
DEPT SPECIALIST KEY CARRIER - 9137 Kiefer Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95826
The Key Carrier Specialist is an expert in directing front-end staff and operation in the absence of the Assistant Center Store Manager. This position ensures optimal front-end customer service, performance, productivity, and compliance and is responsible for front-end and parking lot conditions. The Department Specialist - Key Carrier directs team members in the Front-End (Checkers and Service Specialists) and Center Store departments. This position is responsible for cash handling procedures and ensuring optimal customer service. The Key Carrier Specialist directs and trains Front-End associates to promote a culture reflective of The Save Mart Companies mission statement and winning behaviors. This position ensures all Front-end and department standards are met during assigned shift. The Key Carrier Specialist attains the store balancing function.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Provide customers with a remarkable shopping experience by demonstrating, training, and holding store associates accountable for excellent customer service
• Manage front-end performance and productivity (over/short tills, check collection, cash over/short, WIC compliance, EBT compliance, bottom of basket check, circle savings on receipt, items checked per minute, front-end efficiency, Three’s A Crowd, etc.)
• Directly lead Clerks and Clerk’s Helpers with focus on accountability and achieving high level of business performance assigned area
• Ensure that front-end and parking lot conditions are met (check stand merchandising, floors, cleanliness, shopping carts, bags, etc.)
• Perform store balancing (bookkeeping) function to enhance a remarkable shopping experience in the store
• Perform front-end management functions (to include refunds/returns, loans/pick-ups, check authorization, etc.)
• Monitor customer experience on front-end
• Occasionally maintain total store operations in absence of store management
• Perform other duties as assigned
Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
• Minimum age requirement: 18 years
• Good communication and interpersonal abilities
• Good training skills
• Strong skills in supervision and coordination
• Good counting and math skills
• Ability to read and write to accurately complete all documentation
• Knowledge of Front-end operations and check stand procedures
• Knowledge of compliance and basic applicable contract/work rules
Education: High School Diploma (or G.E.D.) or additional job experience
Experience: One year of prior work experience that includes a minimum of 6 months Grocery/Retail experience
Other: Available to work a variety of required retail hours
Physical: Store environment: ability to sit, stand, walk, kneel, stoop, use stairs, reach, pull and lift objects; requires lifting up to 40 lbs.
• Customer Focus
• Quality/Quantity of Work
• Personal/Interpersonal Skills
The Save Mart Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we welcome resumes from individuals who will contribute to our diverse workforce.