To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Kearneysville, WV 25430
- Josh Biacan
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Applications Developer II
ECS Federal, LLC • Kearneysville, WV
Posted 1 month ago
ECS is seeking an Applications Developer II to work in our Kearneysville, WV office.
The PaaS Database (SQL, Oracle)/Server automation engineer will work as a member of the PaaS Engineering Team.
He/She will work with the Server, Database, and USCG Cloud platform team to automate the creation of PaaS Database (SQL, Oracle)/Server Images that are DOD STIG'd, patched, and secure. He/she will automate build process, patching process, DOD STIGing process and reporting process. He/She will support automation efforts across various platforms including Cloud and other automation technologies. He/she must be a team player and willing to interact with other people at all levels throughout the organization.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Engineer PaaS Database (SQL, Oracle)/Server images build process including interconnectivity with various technical automation products.
- Engineer automated PaaS Database (SQL, Oracle)/Server patching process in conjunction with existing automated patching process for PaaS platform technologies.
- Engineer automated PaaS Database (SQL, Oracle)/Server DOD STIGing process in conjunction with existing automated update process for PaaS platform technologies.
- Engineer and automate database and system administrator tasking such as patching, reporting, server build process, server decommission process, automated and updated reporting
- Engineer consolidated and centralized database and system administration with various customized development and automation tools
- Apply necessary security configurations on backend infrastructure applications
- Engineer database and system administration across multisite Cloud environments
- Continuous improvement of PaaS Image automation processes
- Continuous improvement of PaaS Image security posture
- Architectural design, implementation and continuous improvement of server and database application system infrastructure.
- System performance tuning, data recovery, etc.
- Providing technical input for policies and procedures, and maintaining accurate documentation on those policies/procedures.
- Adhering to Change/Configuration Management procedures and policies.
- Properly estimating work efforts and technical challenges (scoping projects).
- Research and investigate problems, diagnose and provide resolution or viable solutions for hardware and software issues; appropriately escalating and reporting recommendations clearly and effectively to management and team.
Current CompTia Security+ CE or other DoD Approved 8570 Baseline Certification REQUIRED
- U.S. Citizen, and must be able to obtain a NACI Clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IT Engineering or related degree program or sufficient technical experience to substitute for the formal education requirement.
- 0-5 years IT engineering experience supporting projects and systems of similar size, scope and technical complexity to those supported under this contract.
- BladeLogic Database Automation
- BladeLogic Server Automation
- MS SQL
- SQL Scripting
- DoD Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
- Strong verbal, written, organizational and documentation skills
- Ability to provide accurate and realistic effort estimates, commit and deliver accordingly
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills; creative thinking
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with occasional non-business hours (evenings and weekends) flexibility and able to prioritize and juggle multiple projects
- Ability to work productively in a team environment and participate as a positive and cooperative team member
- VMWare vRealize Automation
- VMWare vRealize Operations
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 2300+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.