Colliers Engineering & Design is looking for a Department Manager who will be responsible for the professional, technical, management, marketing, administrative and financial aspects of Civil/Site Department. Manages the Department in order to provide cost effective services to various Department Managers, Project Managers, staff and other employees in a manner which produces an adequate profit for the Company.
Join our Civil/Site team and build your career alongside the best our industry has to offer. Whether facilitating a large warehousing complex, all-star sporting arena, residential development, or planning a mixed-use establishment in a downtown business district, joining Colliers Engineering & Design will accelerate YOUR success!
* Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
* 10-15 years of experience required
* Knowledge of local city, county and state land use processes and regulations (VA/MD)
* Proficiency in technical skills in stormwater management, hydraulics, hydrological analyses, grading and other site development related designs
* Familiarity with the use and capability of Civil 3D
* Ability to interact well with coworkers, clients, and regulatory agencies
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities
* Ability to work independently, as well as, in a team environment
* Construction oversight experience a plus
* Dedicated, responsive, and organized
* Valid driver's license
* Land Development Plan, Stormwater Management, Water and Sanitary Sewer, and Soil Erosion and Sediment Control Design
* Managing multiple projects and workload with competing deadlines
* Quality Control
* Regulatory agency permitting
* Proposal scope and budget preparation
* Financial Management including invoice preparation and accounts receivable
* Project Scheduling
* Client management
* Mentoring and training staff
* Other project duties as assigned
What We Offer
At Colliers Engineering & Design, our people are our most important resource. That's why we are committed to providing all our employees with a safe, comfortable work environment, potential for career advancement, and the ability to impact society through their projects as well as Company sponsored activities.
This dedication begins with supporting a work life balance through a generous compensation package that includes: company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; paid pregnancy disability leave; short- and long-term disability insurance; life insurance; a company-matched 401(k)/Roth; paid time off that includes parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses and a straight time policy that compensates exempt employees for billable hours worked in excess of 40 billable hours within a work week.
We have also created an internal culture that provides the resources and technology needed to encourage personal and professional growth opportunities through reimbursement for education; a free in-house resource for hundreds of educational and self-enrichment courses; mentorship program; wellness program; Women's Organization and ongoing philanthropic opportunities.
Apply today to learn how you can join our team of professionals, so we can help you Accelerate Your Success!
- Accounts Receivable
- Attention To Detail
- Auto Cad
- Coaching And Mentoring