The Expert Engineer brings the most specialized skills and focuses on all technical aspects of vendor data center network architecture. The engineer will work daily alongside engineering staff at site to become thoroughly familiar with unique processes and requirements relative to the DoD specific configurations and challenges, while increasing staff’s strengths to minimize limitations. Engineer will assist in the overall performance and capability of technical team through advanced analysis monitoring, mentoring and knowledge sharing.
Hours: 40hrs/wk / On-call
Cleared: TS/SCI with a polygraph required
Certifications: Security+ Minimum acceptable: CCNA Security
Network: TCP/IP, PCAP, IP Multicast, Layer 2/3 networking, Netflow/Sflow,
Tools: Fluke, Wireshark, Gigamon, Riverbed, HPNA, Netbrain and more…
Compliance: familiarity with STE/STN and CCRI
Hardware Platform: BROCADE, JUNIPER, Cisco
SkillsetsTypical Resident Engineer activities include:
- Analyzing network configurations
- Assisting with network inventory tracking and management to support the network
- Reviews PCAP data for network troubleshooting and optimization
- Providing regular updates on work in progress and current issues
- Providing informal technical and product workshops
- Troubleshooting the network and supporting operations
- Developing network and equipment operating procedures
- Evaluating technical specifications for interoperability
- Service benchmarking
- Assisting in the ongoing definition of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the network and services.
- Eagle Alliance’s engineering and management team will have access to phone support 24x7, 365 days a year via a local telephone number.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Complex Problem Solving
Benchmarking (Project Management)