To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Colorado Springs, CO
- Rachel LeBar
- Phone: +1 720 643 2150
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Project Manager- Water Resources
Spencer Ogden Limited • Colorado Springs, CO
Posted 20 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Spencer Ogden is looking for a Senior Project Manager with a strong background in Water Resources for our client in Colorado Springs, CO.
This is an employee-owned planning, engineering and environmental consulting firm that is seeking a Mid-Senior level Water Resources Engineer to join our group in their Colorado Springs office.
We are looking for a team member who is innovative, motivated and dedicated to providing a high level of service to clients.
The Water Resources Group serves a diverse set of clients, requiring tailored approaches and unique skillsets for creative solutions to complex issues. Our projects often range in variety, but water is always our primary focus.
Serves as a technical specialist who provides engineering support by completing parts of major engineering projects or the entirety of less complex projects that assist in providing sustainable water resources systems. Discipline involves the application of fluid mechanics principles to problems dealing with the surface and subsurface drainage and hydrology, hydraulics, storm water quality, and regulations. Performs independent problem solving skills on projects.
* Project administration for small to mid-size projects from initial programming stages through construction administration.
* Support the development of construction plans, specifications, and construction cost estimates for water resources projects.
* Provide CAD drafting support and coordinate CAD detailing work with CAD designers.
* Prepare construction specifications and drawings for various water resources projects including urban drainage systems, stream restoration corridors, and water quality improvements.
* Analyze and model hydrology and hydraulic parameters in the application of FEMA floodplain mapping.
* Perform statistical analysis for hydrology and water quality studies.
* Prepare watershed planning and master plans.
* Work within defined scope, schedule and budget parameters.
* Ensure all company, client, and project policies, procedures, standards, etc., are adhered to.
* Provide QA/QC for team members' work.
* Communicate as appropriate to water resources project manager and project team concerning questions, concerns, progress and results.
* Water quality studies and BMP design including low impact development
* Coordinate with other disciplines and locations as necessary.
* Technical report writing.
* Assist with proposal writing, cost estimating, and client management as necessary.
* As directed, perform business development activities and maintenance of positive client relationships
* FEMA floodplain analyses and floodplain revisions per NFIP regulations
* Ability to take direction and work independently as well as effectively collaborate with teams.
* Competence in standard Civil 3D, CAD and water resources software products.
* Communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
* Technical writing
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
* Familiarity with Urban Drainage & Flood Control District, City of Colorado Springs and Front Range drainage criteria.
* Knowledgeable of local, regional, state and federal policies, programs and procedures.
* May supervise the work of less experienced engineers and/or technical support personnel.
Education and Experience:
* Undergraduate or graduate degree in civil, environmental, or agricultural engineering with emphasis in Water Resources, Hydrology/Hydraulic engineering.
* Colorado Professional Engineering (PE) licensure or ability to obtain CO PE within six months
* Minimum five (5) years of progressive comprehensive water resources experience.
* Demonstrated project and program management experience.
* Natural Channel Design training through Wildland Hydrology (Rosgen) a plus.
* Working knowledge of ESRI GIS mapping software, particularly ArcGIS Desktop and/or Python scripting for automating geoprocessing desired. Valid driver's license, in conjunction with successfully passing the Company's MVR.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.