SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With over 97,000 employees in 130 countries, and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products and services.
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.Job Summary:
The Human Resources Generalist will be the professional who supports supervisors and managers regarding HR related questions and situations and provides guidance and counsel. In addition you will be responsible for helping to guide and administer human resources policies and procedures, collecting and analyzing HR data related to compensation, benefits, training, recruitment, etc. to determine improvements and report to management.Primary Responsibilities:
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for company personnel; contributes to the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures.
- Responds to all human resources related questions and issues from employees. Will be responsible for conduct investigations in the workplace as assigned by HRBP and legal.
- Responsible for the new hire onboarding process, ensures all new hire documents are completed and in compliance with USCIS I-9 form.
- Assists with recruitment tasks as needed (reviews applications, interviews).
- Coaches, counsels and guides managers before executing employee corrective actions. Manages and tracks all employee disciplinary action.
- Responds to unemployment claims, including attending unemployment hearings when necessary.
- Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing.
- Partners with HRIS staff to update, monitor and maintain eligible approved adjustments.
- Handles job change requests. Prepares and submits HRIS change form and analyses reports from the database.
- Manages exit interview process with departing employees.
- Partners with HR Coordinator to maintain records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals.
- Maintains compliance with Employee Handbook, federal, state and local regulations as they pertain to employment.
- Manages annual training requirements via learning management system for all employees.
- Monitors employee eligibility for benefit plans; reviews benefits with employees.
- Partners with the Talent Acquisition team to ensure all recruiting related needs are executed for the field leadership.
- Prepares HR metric related reports to senior HR management members.
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
Education, Required Skills & Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Labor Relations, Business Administration or related discipline
- 3-5 years of professional human resources experience
- Awareness of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management
- Knowledge of and federal and state respective employment laws
- Advanced level English language proficiency required
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) – intermediate level user proficiency required
- Working knowledge of HR principles and practices
- Ability to comprehend, interpret and communicate federal and state employment laws, SGS policies and procedures, rules and regulations
- Ability to appropriately interact with all levels of individuals within the work environment
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will be called back shortly. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.
Human Resources Information System (Hris)
Hr Management Systems