To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1 Shoemakersville Road
Shoemakersville, PA 19555
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Materion Corporation • Shoemakersville, PA
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Materion is one of the world’s premier advanced materials companies, dedicated to providing solutions that enable our customers’ technologies and drive their growth. Materion is a unique, rapidly growing, advanced materials solutions company enabling our customers' high-value technology and long-term success. Our products include precious and non-precious specialty metals, precision optical filters, inorganic chemicals and powders, specialty coatings, specialty engineered beryllium alloys, beryllium and beryllium composites, and engineered clad and plated metal systems. We offer competitive salary, incentive bonus opportunity, tuition reimbursement, a competitive retirement plan, comprehensive healthcare and dental coverage and advancement opportunities.
JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE
Under the direction of the Plant Controller - Reading, the successful candidate will be responsible for cost accounting functions for Reading, PA manufacturing facility. The incumbent will be responsible for all month-end closing activities, the annual physical inventory, and preparation of the annual operating budget. Additional duties include assisting in both internal and external audits, preparation of the monthly audit binders, and maintenance of the standard cost system. This position also backs up the cost accounting function for other plants. Key interfaces are with plant management, engineering, quality, technical, EH&S and manufacturing personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform all month-end closing activities for assigned locations. This includes preparation of journal entries, management reports, and the monthly audit binder.
- Conduct review and analysis related to production order activity, spending variances, balance sheet accuracy, and the need for accruals.
- Coordinate the annual operating budget including Cost of Goods Sold (COGS) and plant cost center budgets.
- Improve and maintain the standard cost system for assigned locations. This includes daily cost updates, the annual standard cost change, development of work center overhead rates, and cost analysis as requested by management.
- Coordinate the annual physical inventory and audit of cycle counts at assigned locations.
- Maintain compliance with US GAAP and all company accounting policies.
- Cross-trained backup for cost accounting functions at other locations.
- Maintain procedural documentation for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance initiatives.
- Assist with requirements of both internal and external auditors during quarterly and annual audits.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Maintain an awareness of safe work practices and preventing conditions that may result in an unsafe situation or harm the environment.
- Minimal travel (less than 5% annually).
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- 3+ years of accounting experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Solid understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and ability to accurately apply the principles.
- Experience with an ERP system desired. SAP is preferred.
- Proficient at Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point.
EOE M / F / Disabled / Veteran