Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers’ operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
The Business Assurance group of Intertek provides a full range of business process audit and support services, including management systems certification, custom supplier audits and training. Our range of services helps to ensure customer management systems are optimized to facilitate successful growth.
Role and Responsibilities
To lead/or participate in AS9100, AS9110 and AS9120 audits. This position will be home-based/remote near a major metro airport in the Northeast USA, with 75% travel required.
The Auditor will support the Aerospace business line by leading and/or participating as an assessor during all phases of a client’s management system, in accordance with the company’s accredited certification program. The Auditor is the primary interface with the client before and during the process of all auditing activities. Additionally, the Auditor will help train low graded Auditors through witness audits, technical support, and education of both client and sales force as needed.
• Audit client management systems for compliance with established standards, client, and/or industry requirements, government regulations, and other relevant standards, regulatory requirements for the US, Canada, Japan, Australia, and/or Brazil, and/or GMP regulatory requirements related to the relevant industry.
• Assist clients with questions relevant to the audit and/or certification process.
• Act as Lead Auditor or team member.
• Coordinate audit activity with team members.
• Liaison with client regarding audit activity.
• Review client's quality management system documentation.
• Verify and document evidence of compliance and non-compliance.
• Prepare audit report.
• Review audit results with coordinator and other assessment team members. Make presentations to clients and/or certification board concerning audit results, when required.
• Assist with corrective action requirements resulting from assessments.
• Participate in audit meetings.
• Review audit reports and provide technical assistance to the medical team.
• Support management in areas of continuous improvement.
• Provide management with updates on status of work, initiatives, and projects, as required.
• Travel will include overnight/multiple days, to various worksites and client locations.
Specific Standard: ISO9001, AS9100, AS9110 and / or AS9120, etc
Note: Must be listed as an AEA in the OASIS database for one or more of the above standards.
In-depth knowledge of auditing management systems in the relevant industry sector, demonstrated through a combination of education and experience:
• Relevant formal education equivalent to a 4-year college/university degree in the U.S.
• A minimum of 6+ years of full-time work experience in a relevant industry.
• Completed Lead Auditor (AEA) training for any standard but will train if needed.
• Advanced coursework or training in aviation, aerospace or defense quality management systems (AQMS) and/or relevant regulatory requirements (such as FAA/EASA).
• Must be willing and able to travel extensively up to 75%. Primarily domestic travel, but international travel may be needed (requires passport).
Skills, Abilities & Knowledge
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Sound judgment, organizational, and analytical skills.
• Excellent computer and writing skills.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to exercise effective time management skills in completion of assignments.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Corrective And Preventive Actions
Quality Management Systems
Good Manufacturing Practices
Aerospace Basic Quality System Standards
Federal Aviation Administration