Lehigh Technical & Professional Service is a leading staffing agency dating back to the 1950's. We specialize in temporary and direct placement positions in the fields of: IT, Engineering, Manufacturing, Accounting and Administrative. We are currently partnering with a leading automated machinery manufacturer in their pursuit to hire an additional Sr. Applications Engineer.
Sr. Applications Engineer
Summary: Provides technical and marketing support to customers, Sales and the Product Line Team.
• Generates proposals and cost estimates in response to inquiries and requests for bids.
• In partnership with Sales personnel, meets with customers as required to discuss application details, proposals and to provide technical training, support and expertise.
• Analyzes customer needs to determine which machine or system best suits their requirements.
• Responsible for development of concept, performance specifications and cost estimate of machine & tooling. This will require regular cooperation with counterparts at HQ in Germany.
• Responsible for coordination with sub-suppliers for gathering cost & delivery information for localized tooling or other main machine components needed to complete the internal cost estimates and customer proposals.
• Coordinates presale application & technical discussions, proposal reviews and supports project kickoff meetings internally and with the customer when new equipment is quoted & ordered.
• Prepares and conducts sales seminars and training schools.
• Seeks out new applications for existing products and makes recommendations on the nature and scope of present and future product lines according to market needs & feedback.
• Works with Sales & Product Line Manager to develop effective sales/marketing strategies.
• Maintains customer database & Sales forecasts and reviews/updates data regularly.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (BSME preferred), plus 5+ years of related industrial experience.
• Knowledge of mechanical engineering & tooling concepts, electrical controls and machine components.
• Must be mechanically and electrically inclined with strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrable skills in reading and interpreting technical drawings and part prints.
• Strong PC and problem solving skills, with ability to analyze and reason through on technical issues. SAP experience is preferred. Strong business acumen.
• Must be able to travel at least 20% of the time, sometimes internationally.
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
Complex Problem Solving