To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lawton, OK
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
LIFE SKILLS INSTRUCTOR
GEO Corrections & Detentions (A GEO Company) • Lawton, OK
Posted 2 days ago
Facility: Lawton Correctional Facility
Compensation Base: 12.10
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Provides inmates and detainees with the tools and knowledge to prepare for reentry into the community. Provides individual and group counseling in self-esteem, problem solving, relationships, and other related issues. Assists the inmate and detainee to secure direct communication with substance abuse, educational, employment and/or other free world community social resources that can assist in successful reintegration into society.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides general classroom guidance in the areas of career planning, social adjustment, personal management, and general life/skills knowledge.
- Communicates with inmates and detainees regarding the reality of their pre-release activities and plans, defining terminology and identifying community resources.
- Conducts a periodic review of curriculum and resources available to enhance inmates and detainees participation in pre-release/life skills programs and activities.
- May maintain class rosters, attendance records, and provides certificates for pre-release life skills program.
- May report inmates and detainees for failing to attend assigned classes as an offense.
- Assesses inmates and detainees needs and makes referrals to appropriate staff.
- May participate in formulation and development of release plan.
- May secure supplementary information, such as employment, medical records or school records.
- Aids inmates and detainees in planning and developing an individual post-release plan and encourages them to assume the responsibility for post-release behaviors and activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- Bachelor's degree in a related area preferred.
- Relevant teaching and/or counseling experience in a correctional setting preferred.
- Appropriate valid teaching certification if required by the client agency.