Sodexo – Quality of Life Services
The Cashier works primarily in the retail operation, handling cash and credit transactions from Sodexo customers. Their main function is to accurately operate the cash register/POS and complete the transactions. Provides support to the retail operation,
including setup, maintaining supplies and products, and assisting in cleanup and closedown. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may
differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
- Operates a cash register (or equivalent), receives payments of cash, checks and charges from customers or employees for goods or services, making change and issuing receipts or tickets to customers.
- Responsible for accurate ring of proper PLU for sale items and/or accurate barcode scan.
- Provides the highest quality of service to customers at all times.
- Maintains proper security of cash at all times.
- Understands and follows Sodexo cash-handling policies and procedures.
- May also be required to prepare for service before the meal and clean the dining room after the meal (wiping tables, vacuuming the floor, cleaning chairs, ensuring the acceptable appearance of the dining area).
- May set up and stock the beverage area, grab and go items, service ware and condiments or other assigned areas.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- May assist in locating, reconciling and verifying the accuracy of transactions and operating peripheral equipment that records and supports non-cash transactions.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience.
- 0 to 1 year related experience.
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and client representatives.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond to employees.
- Basic math skills including the ability to calculate numbers, correct entries, count, and reconcile cash drawers/banks, and post to records.
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location):
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer. Sodexo is committed to upholding the spirit and principles of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the 1998 amendment to the Act. If, due to a disability, you require a reasonable accommodation to navigate this site and/or complete the on-line application process, please contact [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Cashier for assistance. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Cashier.