Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
Dependent upon area of assignment performs all, or a combination of, the following:
- Uses advanced nursing knowledge and the nursing process to:
- Assess factors of the patient’s past and present physical, psychosocial, and cultural baseline, health problems, and external support systems which may impact on his/her ability to cope with current health situation.
- Define a nursing problem list, based on assessment of the patient, that reflects the
- Consideration of the medical diagnosis and the patient’s problems,
- Define realistic measurable goals related to each problem.
- Develop a nursing plan which is directed toward the optimal resolution of nursing diagnoses and prevention of future problems.
- Evaluates and document a patient’s progress toward goals.
- Collaborates with the appropriate health care professionals in implementing a comprehensive plan of care.
- Provide an individualized plan of nursing care which assists the patient in maximizing participation in his/her care.
- Collaborate with physician to revise the nursing plan of care and/ or goals as necessary.
- Implement appropriate patient education programs to meet individual health care
- Assist physicians with day to day patient care
- Taking histories and assessing reason for visit.
- Assist with procedures and treatments
- Provide patient teaching when necessary
- Records nursing care using appropriate documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing- OR- Diploma or associate degree in nursing.
- Current D.C . Licensure as a registered nurse or evidence of application for licensure in D.C. and current out-of-state is necessary.
Healthcare Effectiveness Data And Information Set
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: CLINI01958
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
The George Washington University Medical Faculty Associates (MFA) is the largest multi-specialty physician practice in Washington, DC, that is conveniently located in one building. We are committed to providing the best possible, most comprehensive, and most convenient care to our patients. Our investment in medical technology allows us to serve our neighbors, our country, and our international community.
View the full profile
The MFAs practice is built upon a long-standing tradition of care and community partnership. Our academic medical and surgical specialties and multidisciplinary approach to treating patients has far reaching roots in the local and international communities.
The MFA recently embarked on a new direction in defining its role in the healthcare communityto accelerate the addition of cutting edge medical technologies and unsurpassed patient service to its practice. MFA world-renowned physicians teach the most current medical knowledge to medical students, residents, and fellows. Additionally, our physicians keep learning through our Continuing Medical Education classes, advancing the theory and practice of disease detection, diagnosis, and treatment.
In July of 2000, the MFA became a non-profit, 501 (c)(3) organization, governed by a physician and executive board of directors. Currently, with more than 270 doctors and 41 medical specialties, the MFA is the largest and most comprehensive physician practice in the District that is conveniently housed in a 316,000 square-foot facility, treating an average of 1,500 patients a day.
In the future, MFA healthcare services will continue to meet the needs of the areas diverse populations with superior and effective patient care. Patients can look forward to receiving care from the best doctors using the most patient-friendly and efficient technology available. We are currently in the process of incorporating an electronic clinical records system, launching the MFA to the forefront of both medical and patient services technology.