Experis, a ManpowerGroup company, has an exciting contract opportunity with one of our key clients, which is a major American Airline which operates a large domestic and international route network spanning cities large and small across the United States and all six inhabited continents.
Job Title: DevOps Engineer IV
Location: Houston, TX - 77022 (Day 1 Onsite later it would be hybrid)
Duration: 6 months Contract with possible extensions/conversion
We are looking for an experienced Medium Level Cloud DevOps Engineer to join the client's Digital Customer Mobile App Channel. In this position, you will be a cloud Dev Ops Engineer for client's Customer Mobile App API journey to the cloud. Keen attention to detail, problem-solving abilities, and validated knowledge of secure DevOps is crucial. This role reports to client's Customer Mobile App Development Team Tech lead.
JOB OVERVIEW AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Architect secure, reusable and highly available + scalable DevOps Cloud infrastructure and code pipelines.
- DevOps engineer for client's Mobile App Cloud DevOps infrastructure
- Working with Developers to determine and prioritize requirements
- Build new and reusable pipelines for development teams to support self-sufficiency in infrastructure and code deployment
- Work/Partner within the internal Plat Form Ops teams to solve organizational needs
- Fully focused on Cloud Migration (little to no on-prem support besides understanding of existing infrastructure)
- Architect reusable and agile pipelines, automate to enable developer independence
- Design and implement build, deployment, and configuration management
- Continuously review and improve implemented designs
- Build and test automation tools for infrastructure provisioning
- Handle code deployments in all environments
- Ensure capacity management of specific computing platforms, network engineering and storage management is established
- Ensure engineering solutions are clearly communicated for implementation
- Ensure compliance of engineering policies, standards, and procedures within functional team
- Take ownership of issues and act with high sense of urgency when required
- Participate in problem management processes to resolve root cause of failures and improve performance and reliability of systems and networks
- Participate in troubleshooting of infrastructure and/or application related issues
- Experience with site monitoring and log monitoring tools, specifically Datadog.
- Build and operate tools for monitoring performance and security
- Demonstrate an innovative mentality by staying aware of new developments within the technology space and identify which new technologies to adapt to provide value to our business.
- Produce lean and well-written technical project documentation and operational runbooks
- Maintains knowledge on current technology by reading technology periodicals, evaluating new technologies and attending trade-shows, technical seminars and training sessions.
- Performs other duties as assigned and required. Duties and responsibilities may change from time to time without notice and include but are not limited to the duties described above
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS - KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS
- BS/BA in Information Technology, engineering, software engineering, related field or equivalent work experience required.
- 4+ years combined experience in DevOps and operations/or relevant in IT
- Cloud Infrastructure as Code, Automated Deployment Pipelines, Code Version Control, Infrastructure provisioning
- Docker Containerization and hosting (building images, hosting in scalable cloud platforms such as Kubernetes, AWS EKS or ECS Fargate)
- .NET Core, Linux, Windows, Database SQL (MS SQL) or NoSQL technologies in the cloud
- CI/CD tools (CloudFormation, GitActions, GitHub, Terraform, TeamCity/Jenkins, Harness, Artifactory)
- Automated Code Scanning (SaaS and DaaS, Wiz, Veracode)
- High volume logging solutions (OpenSearch, Kafka, fluentbit/FluentD)
- Manage monitoring of overall application availability, latency and system health
- Determine alert standards for production environments and implement them
- Work with the development team and management to ensure high availability
- Experience in automated build pipeline, and continuous integration. Source control, branching, & merging: git/svn/etc (Repository Management)
- Supporting 24/7 high volume business critical infrastructure
- Integrity and Trust- Involves being widely trusted, being seen as a direct, truthful individual, can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner, keeps confidences, admits mistakes, and doesn't misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Teamwork- Works well in a collaborative setting, volunteering for and completing assignments, acting as a positive team member by contributing to discussions, developing and maintaining relations.
- DevOps experience in AWS is a plus
- Experience with AWS Cloud Formation, GitHub Actions, AWS Lamba functions are preferred.
- .Net Framework
- Agile Methodology
- Amazon Web Services
- Apache Kafka