DocASAP, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is a high-performing startup that is optimizing the health care industry by transforming 1.1 million providers into one streamlined system that reduces wait times for patients so they can get access to care when they need it. Our CEO championed this initiative after waiting hours in an emergency room with his son. We are actively reducing wait times across providers as our company grows thanks to our team’s positive attitude and strong family spirit. At DocASAP, we know happiness and productivity go together. We offer flexible working hours in a performance driven environment. Challenge yourself by shaping what health care looks like while doing your life’s best work.(sm)
As part of Optum, DocASAP is a patient access platform that matches the patient with the right provider, at the right time and right setting. The Engineering team plays a key role in defining and growing DocASAP's intelligent, market leading platform. You will play a significant part in supporting the transformation and scalability of our platform to meet the market needs. You will be supporting and driving the DocASAP SaaS capabilities, responsible for building and managing our APIs.
We are looking for an exceptional Senior Quality Engineer. This individual will play a vital role in expanding the quality and customer experience of our patient access and engagement platform and will be part of the complete development cycle. We want a team member who is passionate about working in a high-energy environment and loves learning and contributing to a high-performance team.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Recognize problems and make recommendations / decisions on the best course of action to remediate
- Meet with business and technical teams to discuss functional design concepts and alternatives necessary to meet requirements
- Summarize testing and validation results communicate and make recommendations / decisions on the best course of action to remediate
- Help define acceptance test objectives, test cases and assist in system and integration testing
- Ensure each level of the organization has the information needed and the context needed to produce favorable results
- Build strong relationship with IT operational leaders to ensure connectivity to the business
- Develop and execute test strategies to ensure product quality
- Work closely with the development team to design and deliver key product features
- Create, maintain and build automation scripts
- Maintain outstanding development standards, especially related to performance, robustness, and testing
- Functional and non-functional test specification, execution and reporting
- Actively learn new languages, libraries, and platforms as needed. Adapt quickly to changing requirements
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree
- 4+ years of experience working in software engineering organizations
- 2+ years of automated testing experience
- Experience testing frameworks such as, but not limited to:
- Experience testing applications created in one or more of the following languages:
- Experience with SQL
- Knowledge of modern build pipelines
- Knowledge of test layers and applications for testing strategies
- Hosting knowledge in Amazon AWS or similar cloud hosting
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Healthcare experience
- Experience in UNIX-based OS. Mobile device testing
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Quality Engineer, Quality Engineer, QA Engineer, Quality, Quality Assurance, Testing, Automated Testing, Software Engineer, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote