To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lafayette, LA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Advantage Resourcing • Lafayette, LA
Posted 18 days ago
Payroll Accountant - Lafayette, LA
Our partner in Financial Sector is looking for Payroll Accountant to join their growing team.
We are looking for someone who compiles payroll data and statistics to maintain records and calculate payroll. Reviews and records new hires, pay rates, and changes affecting new wages such as exemptions, insurance coverage, direct deposits, etc. Accumulates and organizes information to ensure that related payroll accounts are reported to federal, state, and local agencies as required. Reconciles all payroll related general ledger accounts. Reviews and ensures accurate computation of pay and interprets company policies and government regulations affecting payroll procedures. Completes other related administrative tasks to support the delivery of Human Resources services.
Responsibilities will include:
- Maintain accurate company-wide employee records in accordance with internal and government requirements as it relates to I-9, E-verify, Record Retention
- Maintain the confidentiality of all employee files in accordance with companypolicies; ensure timely distribution, retrieval and access to information as requested
- Liaison to managers for I-9 and E-verify administration
- Timesheet prep for payroll
- Orders departments supplies on a regular basis
- Maintains new employee files per checklist to ensure compliance with quarterly audits
- Randomly audit files monthly to ensure proper documentation is on file
- Assist department with preparation of various packets of information including but not limited to training materials and benefit packages
- Performs all in-house payroll procedures, including regular, bonus, dividend, stock grants, and manual payrolls, such as entering automated payroll data accurately, processing employee timecards and earned income credits, preparing monthly journal entries, maintaining employee tax deductions and exemptions, and monitoring employees’ data files on-line, including medical leave, benefits and promotions and terminations, and other deductions as approved by the employee. Reconciles general ledger accounts following each payroll run. Maintains copies of all closed payrolls.
- Makes corrections to time entries, enters deduction information, and final pay adjustments. Tracks for time and attendance issues. Runs payroll and corresponding reports in a timely manner in order to deliver payroll to all offices. Processes garnishments, and incentive/sales/referral bonuses.
- Works with the Accounting divisions to post payroll; creates and posts general ledgers, for all payroll runs. Ensures accuracy of this process and that the general ledger clearing account is cleared in a timely fashion and is reconciled at the end of each month. Submits balancing reports to Accounting after processing each payroll.
- Complies with garnishment laws and regulations. Contacts employees to notify them of garnishment actions and explain how the garnishment is calculated, unusual circumstances surrounding their paycheck, ie. Underpayment of deductions, etc. Ensures garnishments checks are mailed to creditors’ attorneys on the date the payroll register is posted.
- Reports accurate information concerning payroll to various governmental agencies. Prepares and submits governmental reports, including but not limited to, FUTA, SUTA, UI, W/C and tax deposits
- Balances benefit billings and United Way contributions to the general ledger. Maintains various spreadsheets designed to assist in the balancing process. Provides reconciliation information for health insurance, life insurance and other benefit general ledgers.
- Verifies accuracy of updates to employee records, including address changes, promotions and transfers by reviewing personnel change forms to the Futures report. Ensures proper employee record maintenance and the accuracy of information entered into employee records
Required: *EXTREMELY high proficiency in EXCEL *Full Cycle Payroll for 250+ employees *Experience reconciling Payroll to the General Ledger
Keywords: Payroll, Accountant, payroll Accountant
About Advantage Resourcing
At Advantage Resourcing, our primary objective is to perfectly align the best people with the appropriate jobs. These jobs may be temporary assignments or career positions. We place talented people in a wide variety of jobs working with our client companies in areas such as: engineering, IT, technical, manufacturing, skilled trades, distribution, call centers, clerical, accounting, finance and sales.
Our strength is being able to solve our clients workforce needs by matching people that have the right skills, knowledge and motivation to each opportunity. Advantage Resourcing can help you discover the personal and career success you desire.
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Full Time, Temp Position
Contact: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]