To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Vancouver, WA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Waste Connections Inc • Vancouver, WA
Posted 21 days ago
Job TitleRegion Engineer
Requisition Primary LocationVancouver, Washington
Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE: WCN) is not only the best waste services company in North America, it is also an amazing place to realize your potential, make decisions, have your voice heard, and partner with extremely hard working and passionate people! We seek servant leaders, mentors, top performers, and fun people. At Waste Connections, we value each individual’s unique background, experience, and passion to make us a great place to work.
Why you need to join us!
• CULTURE: It’s a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.
• INTEGRITY: Our definition is “saying what you will do and then doing it!” We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
• RESPECT: We show respect for our customers and fellow employees. Respect for ourselves grows through all the hard work and great service we provide to the communities we are privileged to serve.
As a member of our elite Waste Connections team, you will be signing up for a company that is committed to our employee’s long-term career development and success. If you are willing to learn new tasks and enjoy engineering solutions to challenging problems, Waste Connections wants you to be part of our Engineering team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone interested in growing with the company and growing your skills as a project engineer.
A Day in the Life of a Region Engineer:
- Provide assistance in fulfillment of all technical/regulatory/operational documentation related to the landfills, transfer stations, and hauling operations in the Western Region.
- Analyze data and prepare summaries, recommendations and cost estimates for capital requests.
- Conduct on-site technical visits to satellite sites to review and evaluate operational efficiency of equipment and systems at various facilities. Site visits will involve exposure to environmental elements which include dirt, odors, noise, and weather extremes.
- Assist region engineer manager and/or landfill managers in reviewing design and development plans, calculating cost estimates for completing the proposed projects and evaluating the engineering proposals and specifications.
- Represent the organization at conferences to resolve important issues and to plan and coordinate work.
- Apply standard engineering practices and techniques in specific situations, adjusts and correlates data, and be able to recognizes discrepancies.
- Manage and respond to regulatory and community concerns
- Interface with planning department and Public Works Department and ensure successful partnership
- Must have a Bachelor’s of Science in Civil Engineering.
- Must have minimum of five or more years of previous experience managing projects that include substantial design efforts, permitting, construction earth movement, and building construction.
- Must have experience managing project budgets.
- Must have experience managing and be able to effectively communicate with other engineers, contractors, and vendors
- Experience in designing value engineered solutions in heavily regulated jurisdictions
- Waste Services background, preferred
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Enjoys sharing ideas and communicating with others
- Experience in communicating with government officials and departments
- Willingness to travel outside the office 50% of the time via plane, car, etc.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)
Education:Bachelors: Civil Engineering (Required)