Apex Systems is looking for an experienced Research Associate II to join a large Biotech company in Foster City, CA. If interested please contact Ashlyn Hardman at Email blocked - click to apply
Seeking a motivated Research Associate II with a strong cell biology background. The successful candidate will support research to discover and develop therapeutic agents for Rheumatoid Arthritis.
In this role, the candidates major responsibilities will be to:
• Independently execute tasks and support early discovery activities and project goals.
• Interpret experimental outcomes and present results in team meetings.
• Work on complex problems where the development and implementation of non-routine assays and analysis are required.
• Interface with cross-functional and cross-site subject matter experts, project teams, and external vendors to advance projects.
• Demonstrate strong time and task management skills.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Direct experience in research drug discovery and target identification/validation.
• Core cell biology skills required, including mammalian and primary tissue culture, isolation of primary immune cells from blood/tissue, and development of subsequent functional assays.
• Proficiency in common laboratory techniques: ELISA, multi-color flow cytometry, and Western blot.
• Familiarity with in vitro and in vivo model systems of inflammation is considered a plus.
• Strong motivation, attention to detail, with the ability to think independently and integrate into a high-achieving team environment.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Research Associate II with 3-5+ years of experience with BS/MS degree in Biology or Biological Science.
• Detail-oriented with excellent record-keeping and organizational skills.
• Must be a flexible, results oriented, independent self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Attention To Detail