Under direct supervision of a Mechanical Foreman, the Cleaner will clean and service to completion METRO buses, automobiles, equipment, and component parts in a timely manner. Performs duties in a safe, efficient manner and in compliance with all applicable rules and safety procedures.
Responsibilities and Specific Duties
- Drive buses and other METRO operated vehicles through fueling stations and washers. Move and park vehicles.
- Check the levels of and add to fuel, oil, DEF and other fluids and record amounts added and the mileage of assigned METRO vehicles.
- Check tires for air and tread condition, note and report loose lug nuts and make tire changes when necessary.
- Note the repair/malfunctions and defects.
- Responsible for the steam, wash, polish, hand clean and disinfecting of all METRO operated vehicles, parts, components, equipment, furnishings, and building.
- Clean and scrub service stations, floors, pits, wash racks and other as assigned. Sweep, dust, fumigate, wash, and otherwise clean the complete shop including others such as air vents.
- Responsible for safely handling yard scrubbing equipment, shop scrubbers, forklifts, and other specialized and support equipment.
- Collect and dispose of trash, debris and other materials and objects as necessary.
- Complete all required reports, lists and records in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Provides excellent customer service to METRO internal and external customers.
- Promotes safety awareness and follows safety procedures in an effort to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
High school diploma or equivalent or must obtain an accredited G.E.D or high school equivalency within two years of hire date.
Years & Experience Required
Minimum of two (2) years stable work experience preferred. Experience in building maintenance services and/or basic preventive maintenance; cleaning and servicing autos preferred. Ability to read memos, announcements, safety messaging as well as complete/fill-out written reports, records, and forms.
Knowledge & Skills Required
A valid Texas Driver’s License is required and must meet METRO’s requirements regarding motor vehicle records,
testing/assessments, and other contingencies as appropriate. Employee must successfully complete the METRO
Bus Servicer Orientation and Driver Training Program within the first twenty-one (21) calendar days of employment
as a condition of continued employment with METRO.
The Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County, Texas has a zero tolerance drug and alcohol policy for all employees. All internal and external applicants will be required to undergo drug testing before employment and will be subject to further drug and/or alcohol testing throughout their employment.
Further, employees who perform safety-sensitive functions will submit to drug and/or alcohol testing in accordance to the Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) regulatory requirements.
We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
- Customer Service
- Forklift Truck
- Income Tax