Location: LGMC Supply Chain
Employment Status: FT
Under generaldirection, the Contract Specialist’s responsibilities include but are notlimited to identify, gather, analyze, and measure contract opportunities;create comparative analysis spreadsheet, measure contract effectiveness; GPOstatus, tier validation and produce various statistical reports for theDirector, Supply Chain. The ContractSpecialist also serves as the MM Oracle resource for iProcurement end-users.
This position works with the MMIS Specialist tomaintain the MMIS database, obtains and provides product information to MMstaff, co-ordinates all product conversions and is responsible for GPO andnon-GPO contracts to include price validation, quarterly audits and tierslotting (GPO).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Preparesall cost analysis required for contract selection including product informationneeded for consideration and approval.
2. Responsibleto submit all analysis and findings to Director, Supply Chain for approval.
3. Solicitsdata from Vendors for assigned products and services; monitors and analyzescompetitiveness of data with comparable market data to present and submit toDirector for review and approval.
4. Responsiblefor tracking GPO contracts effective / termination dates and provides 90 daynotice to Purchasing Team Leader and Director, Supply Chain.
5. When instructed will price activate GPOcontract on Premier website.
6. Extracts reports of various kinds asrequested for audit, contract compliance, vendor performance, and facilityspends, etc.
7. Provides sourcing and educationalassistance to requisition.
8. Measures effectiveness of assignedcontracts according to established protocol.
9. Compiles statistical reports from internaland external sources.
10. Supports inventory, purchasing, andreceiving staff with problem resolution.
11. Shares responsibility with MMIS Specialistas assigned with new item additions, item inactivation/activation, and stockbin locators for products with Inventory Management Staff.
12. Ability to complete assignmentsefficiently and accurately within allocated time frame.
13. Initiate and provide results obtained fromanalysis.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
15. Demonstrates a sense of urgency with aproactive response towards customer-based philosophy.
16. Possesses and demonstrates goodinterpersonal skills.
17. Keeps MM Management and staff informed ofthe status of product conversions.
18. Ability to be sensitive to the needs ofcustomers through the practice of quality service principles.
19. Proactively support the effortsthat ensure delivery of safe patient care supplies, equipment, and services andto promote a safe environment at LGMC.
20. Accountable for assignedcapital project purchases in connection with ongoing facility renewals, newconstruction, related equipment, and furnishings.
21. Solicits and analyzesquotations for new or nonstandard materials, equipment and services.
22. Ensures all purchases complywith current policies and procedures, prudent buy principles, governmentregulations, and accepted trade practices.
23. Researches information,compiles statistics, gathers and computes various data to facilitate purchaserecommendations and create reports to submit to the appropriate authoritylevel.
24. Utilize the MMIS system andother organizational information systems to the fullest capacity ensuring thatpricing and related information is accurate.
25. Serves in an advisorycapacity to assist other departments in obtaining proper and accurateinformation
26. Maintains an appropriatefile of catalogs, Internet sites and other information to be available for useof departments to assist them in obtaining the latest information.
27. Participates in the MMdepartment quality measures and continuous quality improvement opportunities,goal setting, collection and evaluation of data, implementation of action plansor related applications.
28. Coordinates data entry withMMIS Specialist and Purchasing Team Leader
1. Any combinationof education, training, and experience, which could produce the requiredknowledge and abilities, will be considered.
2. Three (3) yearscontract experience preferred
3. Previoussupervisory experience or equivalency; demonstrated human relations andeffective communications skills required.
PHYSICALDEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Medium Work asdefined by the U.S. Department of Labor constitutes a maximum lift of 21-50pounds on occasion and/or a maximum lift of 11-25 pounds on a frequent basis
Material Requirements Planning