Bonus - $750 for every 200 hours worked up to $3,000.
Mission Statement: Bay Cove Human Services partners with people to overcome challenges and realize personal potential.
As a member of the multidisciplinary ACCS Integrated Team, the Engagement Partner II provides day to day support to adults challenged with mental health issues. The Engagement Partner II delivers interventions to Persons that are clinically informed and are delivered in a way that is supported by evidence based practices. The Engagement Partner II contributes to Bay Cove’s mission by partnering with Persons to work towards personal goals in order to achieve greater independence and improved quality of life. This is a non-exempt position.
At the discretion of the ACCS Clinical Supervisor
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Knowledgeably incorporates evidence based practices and philosophies into engagement strategies, treatment planning and the selection of interventions based on each Persons’ assessed readiness and expressed interest in order to support long-term recovery. These practices include but are not limited to; Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral for Treatment (SBIRT), Stages of Change, Motivational
- Interviewing, Harm Reduction, Seeking Safety and Trauma Recovery and Empowerment Model (TREM).
- Participate on the Engagement Team of assigned persons as directed by the ACCS Clinical Supervisor
- Utilize recovery-oriented language and principles in all communication and interactions with Persons, colleagues, and collaterals
- Engage in supportive interventions with Persons aimed at teaching daily living skills such as community safety practices, travel-training, banking and budgeting, cooking, shopping, personal care and hygiene and care of personal space and belongings.
- Collaborate with Care Coordination Entities and other providers to ensure access to appropriate medical, clinical, self-help, and peer modalities during times of crisis, care transitions, other life transitions and changes in health status.
- As needed and/or as requested, accompany Persons to medical, dental and psychiatric appointments or leisure activities via public transportation, agency vehicle or staff car.
- Collaborate with the ACCS Housing Coordinator to meet all licensing requirements for GLEs, SIEs and independent apartments of assigned Persons and monitor the resolution of all deficiencies, developing strategies to support Persons towards positive tenancy when issues arise.
- Administers medications in accordance with MAP standards and trains clients in self-medication procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
Requirements for the Position:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Psychology, Social Work, or a related area.
- At least five years direct care experience providing services to adults with mental health issues or related population can be substituted for the above degree requirement.
- Strong commitment to the right of each Person with mental health challenges to live in community residences, to work in market jobs, and to have access to helpful, adequate, competent, and continuous supports and services of their own choosing.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends on a scheduled or as-needed basis.
- Proficient writing and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent personal organization, attention to detail, and time management skills.
- Proficiency in word processing and other computer functions using Windows, Word, and Google Email and Apps.
- Department of Public Health certification in medication administration required within 3 months of hire.
- CPR and First Aid certification required within 3 months of hire.
- Ability to go up and down stairs to monitor clients on multiple floors and physical capacity to assist people with mobility impairments as needed.
- Use of personal cellular telephone for work communication.
- Valid driver's license preferred.
- Bilingual candidates encouraged to apply, pay differential offered for candidates with fluency in certain essential languages.
- A COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of the position. One COVID-19 shot is acceptable, contingent on the individual receiving the second shot within the allotted time frame.
- Utilizes a flexible and responsible work style that meets evolving needs of the agency.
- Works with integrity and respects the dignity and value of all individuals.
- Exhibits mission through job knowledge, pride in work role, and advocacy.
- Promotes diversity and inclusion of all individuals.
- Works in a collaborative, compassionate manner with stakeholder/ partners
- Attention To Detail
- Banking Services
- Care Coordination
- Clinical Works