Education and Experience
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Current license as a Registered Nurse in good standing for the state. BSN preferred. One year experience as a registered nurse in a clinical setting required. Acute care and home care experience are preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Maintains Continuing Education Units for licensure renewal, as applicable to state regulations. Reliable transportation and proof of valid automobile liability insurance. Must have valid driver’s license. Current BCLS Certification prior to providing patient care.
Uses limited independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to supervisor and when to handle them personally.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has working knowledge of the organization. Expresses verbal and written communication in a clear, positive and cooperative manner. Ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality with regard to patient, staff and agency information. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Ability to prioritize and plan work activities. Possesses the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action. Demonstrates an interest in working with a senior population. Ability to establish an effective working relationship with all departments and the community. Excellent organizational and follow-through skills.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Taste or smell
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting residents
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Requires Travel: Frequently
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.