Help keep our clients on the cutting edge of IT and at the same time serve our country. For over fifteen years, our products have helped our clients make the world a safer place. Do your part by joining our team today!
Using Oracle PL/SQL and Oracle Application Express (APEX), the successful candidate will write code, analyze requirements, and collaborate in design meetings for extending existing systems and designing new interfaces. Other opportunities include correcting code in existing systems, occasionally creating\modifying technical documentation, and performing data analysis and gaining opportunities to learn the responsibilities of a database analyst.
We seek a candidate who can perform both as a Programmer and as an Analyst; and having experience in Web Application Development is a plus. This position is located in friendly Richmond, Virginia. This person will participate in design and development work for well-established investigative and intelligence clients. Under direct supervision will design and build user interface features using a variety of graphics software applications, techniques and tools.
Essential Job Functions
- Programs basic and intermediate program features.
- Modifies software systems to meet the needs of the client.
- Analyzes software modification requests, and suggests alternative solutions.
- Assists in resolving production support problems. Develops and suggests alternative approaches to resolving problems.
- Designs system changes to enhance existing programs.
- Researches and analyzes existing systems and program requirements, under periodic supervision.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics or related field preferred
- Two or more years of experience in programming and analysis
- Experience working with appropriate programming languages, operating systems and software
- Experience working with relational databases to facilitate programming software
- Analytical and problem solving skills for design and creation of software programs
- Excellent Interpersonal and Communication skills to work effectively with team leads, programmers, and clients
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Be able to obtain a Top Secret Clearance
- Experience in the following areas:
- Design and implementation of HTML pages
- Design and implementation of relational database table structures
- Analysis of user requirements and technical documentation
- Work with Agile development processes
Top 3 Skills Required to be Successful in Role (must-haves):
Nice–to-have 'secondary' Skills
- Experience with Oracle Application Express (APEX)
- Oracle PL/SQL skills
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Java Script (Programming Language)