Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises and directs maintenance staff and monitors performance of assigned responsibilities.
- Performs and/or directs the performance of all maintenance departmental service requests, insuring that work performed in these areas is accomplished efficiently with a minimum amount of disruption and inconvenience.
- Supervises and implements the preventative maintenance program.
- Scheduling of preventative maintenance with a minimum disruption of building services, performing and/or delegating preventative maintenance tasks to the appropriately qualified maintenance staff member or vendors.
- Orders parts and equipment required for repair, maintenance and installation of new equipment for the facility.
- Provides training and supervision aimed at expanding the capabilities of the operations staff.
- Demonstrating the proper use and care of tools and instruments, giving hands on instruction in basic maintenance, safety, and troubleshooting procedures.
- Complies with departmental policy for the safe storage, usage, and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Maintains a clean and safe workplace.
- Plans and manages budget, allowing for appropriate control over and utilization of institutional resources.
- Recommends and estimates facilities repairs and improvements for inclusion in the annual budget.
- Insures the availability of an adequate operating inventory of tools and supplies.
- Prepares and submits purchase order requests, develops sources for stock materials and performs periodic checks for supplies.
- Performs additional duties as requested.
- Education -Minimum of a high school diploma and two years of trades schooling in refrigeration and HVAC.
- Candidate must possess and maintain a valid state driver’s license and have a current Universal CFC/EPA Certification.
- Experience - 5 years of experience in facility/plant engineering maintenance with at least 5 years in supervision.
- Experience with HVAC, fluid handling/pumping, fluid filtering, mechanical systems, and electrical systems engineering and operation.
- Ability to operate and maintain the following systems:
- Low-pressure steam boilers and their associated system components.
- Hot water boilers and associated systems.
- Chilled water systems, pumps, control valves and chillers.
- Condenser water systems that support the chillers and cooling towers.
- Clean Room AHUs and HVAC equipment needed to maintain such areas.
- Pneumatic systems as related to chilled water plants, AHUs and controls.
- Water treatment and key components for steam boilers, condenser water and Glycol systems.
- Must be proficient in basic computer application software such as MS Office Suite and E-Mail etc.
- Complies with JLL OCP (Operational and Compliance Procedures) Engineering Services and facilities’ policies and procedures.
- Stay abreast of the latest technology as related to building systems, equipment and emergency response regarding fire life safety.
- Knowledge of OSHA standards and local codes.
- Must have the ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs., use ladders up to 30 ft., and possess mechanical and electrical proficiency.
- Team player, hard worker, good interpersonal skills, and ability to communicate well in both oral and written reports.
- Good verbal and written communications skills are required.
- Capable of operating the BMS as related to the proper operation of the facility.
- Completion of written documentation is required.
- Subject to on call 24 hours per day and required to work in all weather conditions.
- Ability to comply with both JLL and client-directed Policies & Procedures.
JLL Privacy Statement
When you visit JLL websites, JLL may collect information related to those visits, without you actively sending that information. This information may include, for example, the internet browser you are using, your access device’s operating system, the language in which that system presents information to you, your IP (Internet Protocol) address, the web search that took you to the JLL website, the web pages and advertisements displayed to you, and the links you click on.
For additional details please see URL blocked - click to apply or our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please view our Equal Opportunity and Information Security disclaimers URL blocked - click to apply