To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
540 Madison Avenue
Covington, KY 41011
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Mortgage Direct Loan Officer -- Veteran Loan Programs
Huntington National Bank • Covington, KY
Posted 24 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Mortgage Direct Loan Officer -- Veteran Loan Programs provides "Simply the Best" service focusing on the military and veteran customer at all times. This role will be part of a new team, focused on calling on potential customers regarding our VA Loan programs. This is a phone based sales role, and responsibilities include using internal and external referral sources to develop mortgage loan business; builds and maintains business relationships within the community. The colleague in this position:
- Develops new and expands internal and external referral sources to grow mortgage business.
- Using consultative selling techniques, advises clients on mortgage loan options and other financial products.
- Provides excellent customer service from approval through closing, working closely with loan origination sources to secure and verify all information required for underwriting.
- Responsible for maintaining client relationships.
- Advises customers on the completion of loan applications.
- High school diploma or GED
- At least 1 year of prior Mortgage origination experience
- Minimum of 5 years military experience, with 1 year in a contracting, public relations, civil affairs, support, or similar function with communications and relationship skills. Would also consider leadership experience of 6 or more people.
- Ability to obtain NMLS license within 30 days
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Ability to quickly learn mortgage loan products (conventional, FHA/VA, construction lending and portfolio programs)
- Ability to quickly learn mortgage procedures, documentation, and underwriting guidelines
- Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities to cross-sell financial products and services
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- PC & Internet skills
•The NMLS license consists of a Background check and passing the SAFE MLO exam. Huntington will pay any associated fees, and also assist with training.