True Homes, one of the Charlotte Observer's Top Workplaces, is growing! Because of this tremendous growth, we are searching for a Land and Community Research Associate to join our team! If you are looking to join a team that values you and want to be part of a company that takes a new approach to home building and workplace culture, please apply now!
The Land and Community Research Associate is responsible for supporting the Land Administration Department through analysis and assessment of land development opportunities using available public and private data source. The Land and Community Research Associate provides regular updates of market information and zoning requirements supporting the business teams in each division and provides information and analysis of the market environment for target submarkets to Market Partners and Executive Leadership, including specific analysis as it relates to individual land transactions.
* Assesses individual land transactions using Multiple Listing System, provides market data and incorporates input from land leadership team in the preparation of Market Positioning Worksheet
* Monitors market information, zoning information, and data for all True Homes markets, assesses trends and developments, and advises the Market Partners and True Homes Executive Team
* Analyzes current positioning (price/product/pace) as it relates to current market environment and competitors by community
* Provide and review market data reports for all True Homes markets with Managing Partners, every 6 weeks, using consistent report format as informed by True Homes leadership
* Provide monthly market study updates for all True Homes markets to Executive team by the 5th day of each month.
* Completes New Community Phase 1 Roll Out Process
* Collaborates with roll out team to ensure all items are complete prior to business/sales roll out
* Update upcoming business roll out information weekly
* Maintain community positioning white board and GIS map based off the transition report monthly
* Lead weekly roll out meeting on Monday mornings
* Process lot turnovers within 4 hours of approval from Estimating Team following standard process
* Use geographic information systems to locate potential building sites
* Responds to a wide variety of requests initiated from internal team and external stakeholders with a helpful professional attitude, seek to understand, and respond in a timely manner
* Performs other duties as needed or required
* Analyzes and draws conclusions from complex data sets
* New Community Roll Outs completed within 30 days following mobilization
* New Community Sales Roll outs completed and rolled to business on time
* Accurate market data updates including demographics, competitor offerings, employment trends, price bands, price curves
* Trinity information updated timely and accurately
* Bachelors degree in economics, accounting, statistics, public policy or related field required
* One or more years of experience in related field
* Strong proficiency in Microsoft office specifically Excel and PowerPoint
* Ability to analyze and draw conclusions from complex data sets
* Ability to collaborate across functions
* Urgency to complete a task and understanding of the value in a day
* Excellent attention to detail
* Strong communication skills, written, and verbal skills
* Strong organizational skills
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
* Comply with all company policies and procedures
* Demonstrate the qualities and character traits as defined in the Sustainable Competitive Advantage
* Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time
* Associate needs to occasionally move about the office to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
* Constantly operates a computer and other office equipment
True Homes offers a highly competitive salary in addition to benefits including health and vision program and company paid dental, Life & AD&D, short-term and long term disability and 18 days of paid time off in your first year.
Employment with True Homes is contingent on the ability to successfully pass a drug screen and background check.
True Homes is an equal opportunity employer.
To learn more about True Homes, visit
- Attention To Detail