Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. The Madison, Wisconsin and Middletown, NY offices specialize in design, planning, construction oversight and permitting services to the solid waste industry and environmental consulting to commercial, industrial, and municipal entities. Tetra Tech strives for:
* Being leaders in our fields of practice by providing the highest quality environmental and engineering from project conception to completion.
* Developing and maintaining relationships for life with our clients by focusing on superior client service, responsiveness and cutting-edge technical expertise.
* Developing relationships for life with our employees by providing a rewarding and challenging work environment that encourages innovation and a strong passion for their profession.
Our professionals are well known for their experience assisting clients in solid waste management, including organics management, remediation, hydrogeology, commercial real estate, investment banking, pulp and paper, chemical manufacturing, to name a few.? Tetra Tech was founded on the principle of providing excellent, client-based services.? The firm's strength is built on extensive experience with both large and small companies.
Our services include:
* Air Quality
* Biogas & Landfill Gas
* Environmental Planning & Compliance
* Landfill Engineering & Design
* Operations & Maintenance
* Site & Civil Design
* Transfer, Recycling & Processing Facilities
* Organics Management
Tetra Tech is a multi-disciplined service firm offering civil engineering, surveying, land use planning, environmental and other related services. We are looking for an experienced database administrator to lead our data management efforts from our current file-based approach (MS Access, MS Excel) to SQL Server / AzureSQL. This position will work closely with project managers, staff members, corporate IT and corporate database managers, across multiple projects, disciplines (Solid Waste, Environmental, Remediation), and other countries.
This position includes database design, development and some administration related job duties and responsibilities. Successful candidates must possess experience with these skill sets, and their duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
* Design, implement, and maintain databases and their data dictionaries.
* Defines logical and physical structure and functional capabilities of databases.
* Lead technical database design reviews.
* Assist in developing a company-wide standard format for collecting and reporting data
* Perform technical review on data elements, preparing reconciliation recommendations and backup materials.
* Create complex SQL statements, where applicable.
* Develop backup and recovery procedures, design database security, and configure database storage devices.
* Monitor database performance and tune databases for optimized performance.
* Troubleshoot database-related problems.
* Support database connectivity for applications. (Esri ArcGIS, EnviroInsite, MS apps, CAD, etc.)
* Plan for upgrades/system release implementation.
* Provide technical guidance.
* Identify workflows for new projects and implement historic data migrations for ongoing projects.
* Possess in-depth knowledge of SQL / AzureSQL architecture, and data security and knowledge of best practices in database management.
* Create and implement data governance procedures and help develop standard report deliverables.
* Willing and able to proactively communicate with corporate IT, project managers and project staff.
* Willing and able to work independently and proactively solicit feedback and support from team members as needed
* Self-motivated and detail-oriented
* Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
* Ability to work in a small office environment and be dependable to all team members;
* Able to efficiently schedule and manage time; and
* Able to meet project deadlines.
* BS degree in in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Systems, or Information Technology from an accredited college or university
* 5+ years experience in environmental consulting using database management software.
* Experience coordinating with labs to produce complete, accurate, and appropriate electronic data deliverables.
* Microsoft certifications related to database administration, data management, Azure, etc.
* Highly preferred but not required:
* Proficient with EarthSoft's EQuIS data management.
* Experience building EQuIS Enterprise dashboards
* Automate workflows using EQuIS Enterprise and design dashboards for multiple audience types.
* Familiarity with regulatory criteria of Northeastern States.
* Knowledge of environmental consulting, environmental chemistry, site investigations, and conceptual site models
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees-21,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Environmental Database Manager - Madison, WI or Middletown, NY
Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.
* Organization: 209 SWE
- Arc Gis (Gis Software)
- Attention To Detail