To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Doylestown, PA 18901
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Perkins Restaurants • Doylestown, PA
Posted 9 days ago
Degree - High School
Food, Hospitality, Restaurant
Restaurant - Food Service, Customer Service, Management
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Maintains direction of kitchen staff members to ensure daily goals and tasks are being met. Performs all duties to maximize guest satisfaction and quality work environment.
POSITION ACTIVITIES AND TASKS:
- Works with Kitchen Manager to ensure that all budget expenses are within limits.
- Keeps General Manager/Kitchen Manager informed of problems and/or issues and proposes alternative solutions for consideration.
- Identifies ways to improve and streamline operation.
- Maintains a clean and safe facility.
- Monitors and oversees food temperatures during hot and cold handling to reduce the incidence of risk factors known to cause food borne illness.
- Communicates clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing.
- Selects and maintains communication with vendors providing restaurant equipment and supplies.
- Completes walk thru and temperature checks in the kitchen.
- Assists in ordering food, produce, liquor and restaurant supplies.
- Assists in receiving deliveries and checks paperwork to ensure receipt of items and directs staff to stock items.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Extensive standing, without breaks.
- Exposure to heat, steam, smoke, cold.
- Reaching heights of approximately 6 feet and depths of 2 1/2 - 3 ft.
- Must have high level of mobility/flexibility in space provided.
- Must be able to fit through openings 30' wide.
- Must be able to work irregular hours under heavy pressure/stress during busy times.
- Bending, reaching, walking.
- Communicating with guests if needed.
- Operating cash register.
- Carrying trays of food products weighing about 20 pounds for distances up to 30 feet.
- Lifting up to 50 pounds.
EDUCATION LEVEL REQUIRED:
- High school diploma; some college or degree preferred.
- At least six months prior experience in hospitality work; culinary education and/or experience a plus.
Job ID: J3P7RX6L4V9FY23MLVX
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.