To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
310 North Pine Street
Pittsburg, KS 66762
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Kansas Big Brothers Big Sisters • Pittsburg, KS
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
JOIN A FORWARD-THINKING ORGANIZATION THAT IS PROVEN TO MAKE POSITIVE IMPACT ON CHILDREN’S LIVES. Our mission is to provide children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported one-to-one mentoring relationships that change their lives for the better, forever.
The Area Manager will work hand-in-hand with leadership to provide day-to-day oversight of programmatic and funding resources to help build the capacity to serve youth facing adversity. The focus of this position is to secure immediate and future funding and volunteers to serve more children in assigned geographic areas. Position KSBBBS within the regional marketplace as the preferred charity of choice for giving and volunteering.
Fundraising, Volunteer Recruitment, and Marketing
- Secures new donors to meet programmatic and financial goals through special events, grants, general contributions and annual funds.
- Secures new volunteers to serve as mentors.
- Responsible for assisting leadership in development and monitoring of annual regional budget, ensuring that funds are raised to cover annual operational budget as well as to build for future capacity to serve more youth.
- Establishes new business development and volunteer recruitment efforts with corporations, foundations, and individuals.
- Serves as staff liaison to local Community Leadership Council (CLC) to support fundraising, volunteer recruitment and marketing.
- Maintains compliance of KSBBBS with the service area.
- Builds alliances with print, radio, televisions, and billboard partners to ensure maximum community presence at low or no cost.
- Partners with businesses and corporations to ensure creative marketing strategies are defined and implemented to ensure maximum community presence at low or no cost.
- Effectively communicates, both orally and in written formats, the need for donors and volunteers in the region.
Program Compliance and Growth
- Manages daily operations of programs to ensure compliance and growth in the number of children served.
- Ensures that optimal customer service is being provided to all stakeholders, including mentors.
- Makes recommendations to leadership regarding hiring, termination, appraisals and compensation of programmatic staff.
- Bachelors’ degree in business or sales related discipline required.
- Three to five years’ experience of successful fund development and volunteer recruitment/coordination OR similar experience in for-profit sales setting.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to set and meet goals.
- Knowledge and competencies in project planning, prospect research, and general management.
- Effective, experienced and confident public speaker.
- Intermediate level proficiency in Microsoft Office, including keyboarding skills of 45 words per minute, error free.
- Flexibility and availability to accommodate weekday early/evening work hours and occasionally weekend and overnight hours, as well as regular travel to varying venues within the KSBBBS network.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Data and systems driven.