To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Jose, CA 95131
- Ryan Emmerton
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Kelly Engineering Resources • San Jose, CA
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Kelly Engineering is looking for a Facilities Technician for one or our top clients in San Jose, CA
Job Title: Technician Facilities II
Reports to: Supervisor, Facilities
Technician will operate and maintain the heating, ventilation and air-conditioning equipment necessary to the general maintenance duties, and daily activities.
This position is responsible for supporting multiple departments that may include, but are not necessarily limited to: Facilities, Training Dept, Engineering, Customer Service, HR, IT, and the production floor through activities that may include routine and semi-skilled tasks, involving general and preventative maintenance.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support Preventive Maintenance programs and initiatives, included but not limited to:
- Perform preventative maintenance on all manufacturing, quality, engineering, and facilities equipment, when necessary. Enter any new manufacturing, quality, or facilities equipment requiring Preventative Maintenance into the software program.
- Ensure there are no discrepancies in equipment, policies, and procedures, Communicate discrepancies to supervisor in a timely manner.
- Respond to and correct any internal and external audit findings, as well as any OSHA, FDA pertaining to (PM) preventative maintenance.
- Communicate with manufacturing supervisors, managers, technicians, engineers, or group leaders as to minimize downtime on any production lines.
- Communicate with outside contractors when needed.
- Perform basic plumbing, electrical, HVAC, carpentry, and maintenance duties. Troubleshoot basic equipment malfunctions.
- Receive ad respond to facilities request in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensure conference/training rooms are set up and requested for meetings, as well as set up and tear down of equipment for company events. Assist employees with Office/cube moves.
- Perform general exterior grounds maintenance, Including down tree branches. Must be able to work a flexible schedule on occasion, including week-ends and/or holidays. On call work may be necessary.
- Assist other Facility team members in daily activities and projects, and perform any
other related dirties assigned by facilities Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
Education and/or Experience:
2 Year technical degree preferred
3 – 5 years of proven facility maintenance experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
May be required to drive own vehicle on the limited basis, as well as a company vehicle; therefore, must have a valid driver’s license and pass MVP background test.
Essential Knowledge, skills and Abilities:
- Ability to operate a forklift and scissors-lift
- Ability to correctly use all mechanical hand tools. (Power and manual tools)
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical/mechanical equipment malfunctions.
- Requires understanding and use of tools, electrical/mechanical equipment
- Requires strong oral and written communication skills. Must be able to interact professionally with all levels within the organization.
- Strong computer knowledge/skills required
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good organization of time and materials, and ability to use good judgment in prioritizing.
Physical Demand (eg. Expectations of such items as weight needed to move or lift)
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short term project engagements, or prefer contract-to-hire or direct hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.