Headquartered in Reno, Nevada, Ormat is a leading geothermal company and the only vertically integrated company solely engaged in geothermal and recovered energy generation (REG), with the objective of becoming a leading global provider of renewable energy. Job Description
Note: New employees will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, subject to potential reasonable accommodation due to medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs.
This position is located in Hilo, HI. The primary responsibility of a Plant Operator is to ensure that the operation of the power plant is safely and efficiently carried out in accordance with plant safety procedures and standard operating procedures.Qualifications
- Observe and follow plant environmental and operational rules, procedures and guidelines.
- Strictly adhere to and enforce safety procedures as required by ORMAT, CAPP, and OSHA.
- Successfully complete and maintain qualifications within the specific plant operating procedures and timelines.
- Assist with the creation and monitoring of safe work permits.
- Maintain a chronological log of plant activities.
- Participate in the planning and scheduling of plant activities.
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance tasks.
- Review routine operating data, troubleshoot abnormal indications and take corrective actions.
- Must be able to safely operator a forklift and a manlift.
- Must be able to work 12 hour rotating shifts and cover call outs as required.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays when necessary.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- Must be able to operate a vehicle in a safe manner, enter and exit vehicle without assistance, remain alert while driving for continuous periods of time and read and understand maps
Education and Experience:
- The ability to understand procedures and instructions to the areas of assignment as would be acquired in three to four years of high school.
- The demonstrated ability to perform the Plant Operator 1 tasks with little or no supervision and complete the OP1 qualifications.
- Must have experience and demonstrated aptitude for operating mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Must be able to operate a variety of hand and power tools.
- Must be able to communicate with other employees and read and write at a level that will enable to perform the work in a safe and efficient manner.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and visually in a clear and effective manner including in noisy and low illumination environments
- Must be able to use and acquire knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in e-mail communications and spreadsheets. Must be proficient in MS Excel, Outlook, and use of the Internet.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a driving record acceptable to Ormat’s auto insurance carrier.
- Must be able to read and follow written procedures.
- Must be able to interpret mechanical process and electrical drawings.
- Must be able to operate a vehicle in a safe manner.
- The ability to lift a minimum of 20 pounds in awkward positions and periodically lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to climb ladders, climb to and work off of elevated platforms, ladders and walkways.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces and in harsh weather conditions.
- Must be able to correctly wear and work using self-contained breathing apparatus.
- Protective equipment must be worn in the performance of some duties
- This job requires dexterity and fine motor skills such as twisting, turning and grasping of the fingers, hands and wrists.
- This job requires extensive walking with moderate bending, stooping, pushing, pulling and kneeling.
- This job requires approximately sitting 30% and up to standing 70%.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Confined Spaces
- Electrical Installation Work
- Fine Motor Skills
- Forklift Truck
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Outlook