Current Compassus Colleagues: Please apply via Workday.
The Applications Specialist is responsible for modeling the 3 Company values of Compassion, Integrity, and Excellence, and for promoting the Hospice Compassus philosophy, using the 6 Pillars of success as the foundation. S/he is responsible for upholding the Code of Ethical Conduct and for promoting positive working relationships within the Program, between the Program and other Company departments, and between the Program and all external stakeholders. The Applications Specialist is responsible for documentation, and coordinates the application rollout with server team, security, and training. S/he develops and maintains policies, system, methods, and procedures for the effective management and control of the help desk function. S/he is responsible for applying the rules and regulations of state and federal regulatory agencies and other certified agencies.
- This individual will provide end user support to users of our Patient Management Software
- Provides technical assistance by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems, or questions with the program documenting and following to resolve in a timely manner.
- Assist with creating user documentation and writes and maintains functional training materials.
- Assist with installing upgrades to Patient Management Software under direction of supervisor
- Test enhancements that are provided by software vendor to verify workflows and process logic are correct.
- Work with software vendor on complex problems to find resolution for the end user.
- Establish timelines and work with various project teams in other departments.
- Serves as liaison between team members and functional area management.
- Train end users in a classroom and /or web based environment.
- Monitors and reports performance of systems.
- Oversees small and intermediate projects.
- Assists with coordinating delivery of new enhancements to users.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in related field or two to five years related experience. Experience in health care and clinical billing systems is preferred. Knowledge of application support, end user support in vendor applications is preferred.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, colleagues, and the general public.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Proficiency in Cerner, Desktop, Microsoft Office, LAN and WAN environments. Must be proficient in Crystal reporting tools. Knowledge of application support.
Maintains a professional demeanor and appearance. Is self motivated and dependable. Must be high integrity, including maintenance of confidential information. Strong service oriented attitude a must.
Certifications, Licenses and Registrations
Other Skills and Abilities
Ability to understand, speak, read and write English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a colleague to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the colleague is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The colleague is frequently required to walk. The colleague is occasionally required to stand. The colleague must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a colleague encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Join our Talent Network at the link below to stay up to date on our current openings.
URL blocked - click to apply
Server (Computer Science)
Wide Area Networks