Create the strategies and experiences that are changing an industry.
In Vanguard's Client Experience & Digital (CXD) department, our goal is to evolve and enhance our clients' digital experience. As a leader in Retail Mobile Analytics you'll help us build and evolve our mobile experiences, capabilities, and product line-up to serve the needs of individual investors. Mobile is Vanguard's future and as such this role is highly visible and very critical to our success.
You will help us tap into unmet investor needs using quantitative insights to uncover areas of opportunity and drive strategies that enhance the client experience. You will play a critical role in implementing the use of advanced analytics into business processes to drive strategic decision making and deepen understanding of Vanguard investors and their engagement behavior across the mobile platform. You will also lead a team of high performing analysts and data scientists to develop experiments, deep analytics and core capabilities. As part of your role, you will work closely with the Product, UX and IT teams in a very entrepreneurial environment.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about Mobile and has significant experience with developing optimization strategies and reporting/experimentation in this channel.
* Hires, evaluates, and supervises crew. Provides guidance and training as necessary to develop crew. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, and makes informed compensation decisions in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures.
* Proactively identifies using deep insights, opportunities to optimize client experience with the mobile channel. This includes breaking down complex business problems in to a set of key hypotheses and choosing the right analytical tools to solve them
* Partners with the Data Science teams to develop a robust experimentation plan
* Conversant with basic modeling techniques to build predictive model wherever warranted
* Acts as a point of escalation for time sensitive and highly complex requests. Develops an enterprise-wide view of analytics capabilities; identifies gaps, and proposes solutions.
* Builds, partners, and consults with senior management to deliver analytical insights on Vanguard's strategy and client base. Ensures crew on team are partnering effectively as consultants for business functions to deliver actionable insights and solutions. Balances data management strategy, governance, and quality to ensure consistency across teams.
* Participates in the development of the department budget, including the identification of technology investments and budget allocation to support these tools. Reviews expenses and ensures unit operates within budgetary guidelines.
* Keeps abreast of industry, market, and company trends. Ensures that Vanguard's use of analytics tools is scalable and sustainable. Serves as a leader of Vanguard's analytics community and contributes expertise. Represents Vanguard in external industry events and proactively forms external relationships to bring in new ideas, technology, and talents.
* Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
* Minimum of eight years related work experience in Mobile analytics
* Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Quantitative degrees such as mathematics, computer science, industrial engineering preferred. Graduate degree preferred.
* High level of intellectual curiosity and are comfortable with ambiguity
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Future of Work
During the pandemic, we transitioned to a work from home model for the majority of our crew and we continue to interview, hire, and on-board future crew remotely.
As we have developed the path forward, we have taken a thoughtful approach that both maximizes the advantages of working remotely and the many benefits of coming together and collaborating in a shared workspace. We believe that in-person interactions among our crew are important for preserving our unique culture and advantageous for the personal development of our crew.
When our Crew return to the office, many will work in our hybrid model. A smaller proportion of our crew will operate in the Work from Home work model (for example, field sales crew); or in the Work from Office model (for example, portfolio managers).
The working model that your role falls into will be communicated to you in the interview process - please do ask if you are unsure. We encourage you to make the decision regarding your job interview and offer knowing which model your role will fall into. We will test and learn as our ways of working evolve and will continue to evaluate working models along the way.
- Business Processes
- Data Analysis
- Data Management
- Data Science
- Decision Making