To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
618 5th Street West
Huntington, WV 25701
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Local Truck Driver CDL A or B - Warehouse Associate
Beacon Roofing Supply, Inc • Huntington, WV
Posted 1 month ago
Drive your way to a new career!
Like to be outside and not stuck in an office? As one of our drivers/warehouse associates, you’ll work close to home and have your nights and weekends free. Enjoy competitive pay and comprehensive benefits. Experienced, safety conscious, and customer-focused candidate encouraged to apply!
What will I be doing?
As a full-time driver/warehouse associate, you’ll primarily work in our warehouse but also travel locally to deliver building materials to our customers, while adhering to and understanding safety policies and regulations. A clean driving record and top-notch customer service skills are a must! We’re looking for experienced or new Truck Drivers with their CDL A or B driver license and warehouse experience.
- Fill orders quickly and accurately
- Notify Purchasing and Sales when orders can’t be filled and/or notify Lead Warehouse Associate when inventory levels appear low
- Initial Pick Tickets as orders are loaded and then ensure secondary verification
- Inspect condition and quantity of received materials before placing them in the warehouse
- Communicate deviations with the Receiving Coordinator (in advance) to facilitate proper changes in the inventory control system
- Label and store all non-stock items
- Load and unload vehicles in a safe and professional manner
- Accurately complete paperwork (Pick Tickets, Inventory Count Sheets, etc.)
- Moving materials in yard and warehouse as needed
- Maintain cleanliness and neatness of warehouse
- Pre-inspect truck, load with materials and verify load for accuracy
- Set up job perimeters, inspect the site to ensure a safe environment to unload
- Unload truck at the site –involves lifting of heavy shingles and use of heavy equipment
- Drive crew to site and guide helper to ensure safe unloading
- Communicate regularly with the dispatcher to ensure timely product delivery at job site
- Communicate potential on-site hazards to branch management
- Keep logbook up-to-date at all times
- Adhere to and understand safety policies and regulations
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Experience working directly with the customer
- Ability to communicate with co-workers, vendors, and customers (both written and verbal)
- Ability to handle all types of building products
- Ability to lift 75+ lbs. repeatedly throughout the day
- CDL Class A or B driver license in good standing
- Drivers must be 21 years of age or older
- Will need to drive 10-speed manual transmission truck and operate equipment
- Forklift experience
- Should be comfortable working outdoors in adverse weather conditions
- Previous warehouse and inventory control experience
- Experience handling building materials