Oversee congregate nutrition programs and activities for citizens age 60 and older in South Hampton Roads. Work is performed under general supervision, reporting directly to the Wellness Director.
* Responsible for direct hiring, training and supervision of nutrition program staff located in community partner locations in compliance with food safety program management certification. Supports center staff in said functions.
* Responsible for assisting with all aspects of the recruitment process for volunteer positions in the congregate nutrition program, including attending community volunteer recruitment events.
* Coaches and trains volunteers to ensure a smooth transition into their role. Maintains and prepares reports, submits and approves volunteer hours in the volunteer software
* Active member of the agency wide volunteer recognition event committee. Attends volunteer engagement unit meetings and training sessions.
* Communicates frequently with volunteers to ensure they are satisfied and well-placed
* Assists, develops agendas, and facilitates in leading team meetings alongside other Wellness department supervisors.
* Directly responsible in ensuring that services and programs meet mandated guidelines and requirements as well as the nutritional, physical, recreational and wellness needs of registered participants at all community partner locations.
* Oversees sanitation and safety of kitchen facility and equipment. Maintains documentation for Health Department inspection compliance in urban centers.
* Primary liaison for community partners from Parks and Recreation or other agencies in fostering collaboration to maintain accessible, clean and safe environment for participants, visitors and staff.
* Plans and manages all events at or for all community partner locations.
* Responsible for participant eligibility determination, waiting lists management and compliance with Virginia Department of Aging and Rehabilitation program requirements,
* Assures participant and partner organization satisfaction through receiving and resolving complaints. Conducts customer surveys, compiles, reviews and addresses issues with appropriate staff and contracted vendors.
* Primary contact with meal vendors to ensure quality, efficiency, safe food handling.
* Collaborates with Transit Supervisor to assure driver performance within set guidelines for meal delivery and program participant transit to nutrition sites. Reviews and approves special transportation requests before submitting to Transit Supervisor for approval.
* Collaborates with Wellness, Transit, and other agency leadership to assure accurate and effective communication on programs and operations in centers so that effective marketing, budgeting, contract development and participant satisfaction is accomplished.
* Assists with annual budget development and for on-going budget management.
* Manages participant data reporting; works with Wellness Director using reports to verify and process contract payments.
* Participates in education, training and best practice research and analysis to incorporate trends, evidence and new programs that improve the experience of current participants and attract targeted prospects. Uses demographic analysis and projections for program sustainability and cost containment.
* Performs additional tasks as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Knowledge of nutrition and wellness resources to support the senior population. Comprehensive knowledge of programs and activities that meet Virginia standards including evidence-based wellness and nutrition programs.
* Knowledge of the principles and practices used in kitchen sanitation, safety measures used in food handling and equipment care and cleaning.
* Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Office to include Excel. Must have superior data entry skills as well aptitude for learning industry specific software.
* Ability to work remotely. This position has the flexibility to work a set hybrid schedule with both in office and remote hours, after training is completed
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Associates Degree in health, business, management, public administration or related field from an accredited college or university required.
* Minimum 3 (three) years' experience in direct staff supervision.
* Food Safety Program Certification for Managers required within first 60 days of employment.
* A valid and current Virginia driver's license is required and must meet agency requirements.
- Agenda Development
- Data Entry
- Financial Management
- Food Safety