The candidate for this position will be responsible for ensuring the processing of department invoices and vendor remittances, data entry, fax filing and e-filing with courts, drafting and sending light correspondence, and assisting with meeting deadlines and procedural requirements. The ideal candidate for this position will have experience working in a collection agency and/or litigation environment in the legal field of consumer debt collection.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Research and process vendor invoices to ensure accurate and timely payment.
• Communicate with vendors to ensure monthly remittances are received in a timely manner.
• Ensure all vendor remittances are posted accurately and in a timely manner.
• Open, sort, and distribute incoming mail daily.
• Prepare documents for U.S. mail, Federal Express, messenger delivery or electronic delivery.
• Photocopying and scanning.
• Additional responsibilities as necessary.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & LICENSES:
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Possess a strong attention to detail with excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to prioritize, multitask, and work under pressure.
• Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Able to work independently and in a team environment.
• Familiarity with basic state and federal collection laws, including the FDCPA preferred.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum of 1 year work experience in legal collections preferred.
MACHINES, OFFICE EQUIPMENT & SOFTWARE:
• Personal computer: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Copier, Faxing & other general office supplies.
Attention To Detail