Fermentation Engineer 993923
Job Scope & Purpose:
Our Boston based client, focused in Synthetic biology and bacterial transformation is looking for a fermentation specialist to join their ranks. The ideal candidate is excited to tackle the ambitious challenge of transitioning multiple organisms from microtiter plates to bench-scale fermentation through scale-up and commercial-scale manufacturing of ingredients. This is a very exciting company with explosive growth, apply now to learn more!
Note: This is a weekend shift, Saturday and Sundays are requirements
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Execute fermentation processes across multiple Ginkgo organisms, with a focus on filamentous fungi, e.coli, and yeast as directed by senior engineers
- Responsible for setup and breakdown of fermentation equipment
- Aid in the preparation of media and other required reagents
- Collect and document process data and in-process samples
- Basic lab maintenance to include stocking and equipment staging
Primary Job Requirements:
- B.S. or equivalent experience with 1+ years’ relevant industry experience
- Comfortable working with limited direct supervision
- Expertise in scale-down approaches (such as matching performance in microtiter plates to that in fermentation scale) a plus
- Knowledge of design of experiments and process modeling a plus
- Experience with high throughput fermentation automation a plus
- Ability to work well with a team in a fast paced environment
Whether you are seeking a career change or simply interested in becoming part of our network, you will appreciate the ethics guiding each Stratacuity team member. We build lasting relationships with exceptional biopharmaceutical talent and take great care to protect your personal information. Upon receiving your inquiry, you may be directly contacted by a Stratacuity team member to discuss your career goals. We will not share your information with anyone without your direct prior consent.
PROVEN SCIENTIFIC PLACEMENT™
Stratacuity is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Stratacuity will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact us.
[ Email removed ] - URL blocked - click to apply
[ Email removed ] - ||
[ Email removed ] - ||
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [ Phone number blocked ] - ||