Nurse-RN, NP, Neuro ICU/CCU Experience for Medical Device Clinical Support Specialist Opportunity
Neuro Critical Care-Neurosurgery
ME, VT, NH, MA, CT, RI, Long Island Territory
Unique Direct Hire Opportunity with our Client in the Neurosurgery, Neuro monitoring, Neuro trauma and Related Critical Care Field for a Nurse-RN or NP Clinical Sales Support Specialist. Utilize your strong communication and presentation skills for this exciting opportunity. Some overnight travel is required.
Our highly respected client is known for their innovative solutions with a broad portfolio of implants, devices, instruments and systems in neurosurgery. If you are an RN with an active license, current or most recent experience in the Hospital setting, in the Neurosurgery, Neuro ICU, Neuro CCU, units; we have current opportunities due to recent expansion with the national team.
Our client is a market-leading, innovative medical device company focused on helping the medical professional enhance the standard of care for patients. They provide customers with clinically relevant, innovative and cost-effective products that improve the quality of life for patients. This opportunity exists in the Neurosurgical division.
The Clinical Sales Support Specialist-Nurse RN is a direct hire position. As a direct employee of our client, you are provided a base salary, generous bonus earning potential, full benefits, auto allowance, full-approved business expense and business travel reimbursement and PTO.
The Clinical Specialist will function within the Neuro Critical Care portion of the Specialty Surgical business. Primary call points will include the neurosurgeon, neurologist, intensivists and neuro critical care nurse. Primary responsibility will be to help achieve or exceed defined territory sales revenue targets, working closely with the sales team, interacting with neurosurgeons and other hospital nurses and team members..
The Clinical Specialist will use his/her clinical expertise, market & product knowledge, relationship building, effective clinical change management and exceptional customer service to advance and close opportunities. In addition, the Clinical Specialist will be integral to transitioning the business, post-acquisition/conversion, to ensure that any change in clinical practice is smooth and monitored closely for an appropriate amount of time.
- Assessing and developing the technical/clinical competencies of the customer;
- Assist in the development of technical/clinical competencies of the Specialty Surgical Account Manager
- Reviewing account progress and needs with the Specialty Surgical Account Manager, Regional Business Manager and Area Sales Director on a regular basis.
- Presentation of approved company materials to other healthcare professionals
Primary responsibilities are:
- Attains sales quota and market share objectives as defined by the Area Sales Director
- Works closely with Specialty Surgical Account Managers to drive Neuro Critical Care sales growth in target accounts or key product areas. Assist Specialty Surgical Account Managers with sales presentations and interaction in intensive care areas of the hospital.
- Prioritizes time towards Priority/Target accounts - High Opportunity, High Volume or High Profile
- Develops & executes clinical education programs for priority/target accounts that will promote knowledge, increase product utilization and increase account revenue.
- Provides field support for product and/or clinical questions from Specialty Surgical Account Managers and customers.
- Promotes execution of educational programs for assigned regional sales team(s) and evaluates for effectiveness.
- Acts as a liaison with key physicians and nurses in the ICU regarding clinical needs, patient management direction, and effectiveness of products
- Participates actively in national neuroscience professional organizations to increase the company visibility and credibility
- Acts as a field resource to the Marketing Department during product development, new product introductions, and product promotions.
- Meets quarterly with Area Sales Director to review sales performance, target account progress, and competitive landscape.
- Supports the sales team through development and revision of training materials and assists the sales trainer with training programs in the US
- Maintains high level of clinical, market and product knowledge
- Operates within defined budgets and strictly with in accordance with Corporate policies and procedures
- Performs administrative duties as defined by management
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- Registered Nurse with active license in good standing is required
- CNRN or CCRN preferred
- Experience with ICU neuroscience patients; including participation in training programs needed
- Must have a working knowledge of neuro monitoring and csf drainage products in the ICU setting
- 3 years related Clinical experience required
- Previous field based experience a plus but not required
- Ability to travel weekly as needed within the assigned territory, including overnights weekly via air and or vehicle required
- Strong communication skills
Peer to peer interaction is a key component for this role. Previous nurse educator or nurse sales experience in device, specific to the hospital environment is a plus but not required. A thorough understanding and working knowledge of the ICU, CCU, or Neuro Trauma, Neuro monitoring is needed. Level 1 or Level 2 trauma experience, previous speaker and or membership in the American Association of Neuroscience Nurses (AANN) American Association of Critical Care Nurses also a plus.
If you have been seeking a change and desired a field based clinical sales/support role please, have the ability to travel, as needed, a dynamic and engaging personality with a desire to help patients and enjoy working in a field base role please apply at once.
Registered Nurse Certified