To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Everett, WA
- National General Insurance
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
National General Insurance • Everett, WA
Posted 19 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Assist underwriter in all aspects of underwriting duties regarding policy and producer changes/ updates and mandatory filings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Review all changes/requests and confirm all information necessary to accurately complete transaction is available prior to assigning to an underwriter to process
- Process all requests timely and accurately
- Verify accuracy and update rating information
- Send filings per state requirements
- Communicate with external associates
- Assess and resolve customer issues
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Possess knowledge of basic underwriting rules and regulations regarding filings, coverages, and rating
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within and outside the organization
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to learn multiple computer programs and applications
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
- Ability to assess and solve problems independently with little supervision
- Ability to perform well in high energy environment
- Ability to adapt to new situations and learn quickly
- Ability to produce accurate work
- Bi-Lingual preferably English/Spanish
- One or more years of experience in the Auto Insurance Industry, State Regulations
- College Degree or equivalent education, training or work-related experience
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A- (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
* Paid Training
* Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
* Wellness Programs
* Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
* 401k w/ Company Match
* Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
* Employee Discount Program
* Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
* On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
* On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
* Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.