Amcor Rigid Packaging
Senior Administrative Assistant
Ann Arbor, MI
Amcor is a global leader in developing and producing responsible packaging for food, beverage, pharmaceutical, medical, home- and personal-care, and other products. Amcor works with leading companies around the world to protect their products and the people who rely on them, differentiate brands, and improve value chains through a range of flexible and rigid packaging, specialty cartons, closures, and services. The company is focused on making packaging that is increasingly light-weighted, recyclable and reusable, and made using a rising amount of recycled content. Around 50,000 Amcor people generate US$13 billion in sales from operations that span about 250 locations in 40-plus countries. NYSE: AMCR; ASX: AMC
This position is responsible for providing administrative support to the Vice President of Procurement for Amcor Rigid Packaging. This role will be located in Ann Arbor, MI. Responsibilities will include performing a wide variety of administrative duties including preparing reports, compiling data, transcribing correspondence, maintaining calendars, making travel arrangements, developing purchase requisitions, keeping records, arranging and coordinating meetings, conducting internet research and other administrative functions as required.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintain calendar; schedule meetings and make travel arrangements, including international travel.
- Able to solve basic problems and issues as they arise.
- Prepare expense reports, formal presentations, weekly schedules and distributes publications.
- Plan, organize, and control large work volume in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain awareness of project and workload activity and coordinates/follow-ups as directed.
- Organize and maintains files and records.
- Complete basic internet research for strategic projects then compile the data into a report.
- Responsible for standard office procedures including processing mail, answering telephones and maintaining/ordering office supplies.
- Coordinate internal and off-site meetings/lunches for the entire procurement team on a daily/weekly basis.
- Assist with onboarding of all new hires.
- Maintain building at 1101 Technology, enforce safety rules, order supplies, assist with cafeteria duties, etc.
- Education: Preferred Associate's Degree In Business Administration or Secretarial Science with expertise in computer software applications, or related experience.
- Excellent working knowledge or Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Lotus Notes software.
- Takes initiative in organization and prioritizing workload.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding ability to maintain and deal with confidential information.
- Demonstrated professional work characteristics, high initiative, dependability, and credibility.
- Must be well organized, possess outstanding administrative skills, and be able to interface with all levels of management.
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision to organize.
- Minimum of five years administrative assistant experience with executives or senior level managers. Will be required to work overtime sometimes, or travel on an as needed and infrequent basis.
- Travel 5%.
Amcor Leadership Framework Competencies
- Customer Focus
- Learning on the Fly
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Drive for Results
3-5 Applicable ALF Competencies:
- Works directly with the Vice President of Procurement on a daily basis.
- Interacts with multiples levels of employees, peers and departments as needed to build strong relationships
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.