To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Portland, OR
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Energy Management Systems Engineer (REN 6810)
AVANGRID, Inc • Portland, OR
Posted 24 days ago
The Energy Management System (EMS) Engineer is a key member of a 24/7 mission critical operations team responsible for providing the technical support & analytical services for the management, design, specification, configuration, troubleshooting, and support of systems and processes used to operate the Avangrid Renewable Generation Balancing Authority (BA).
The EMS Engineer supports our EMS Subject Matter Expert (SME) in designing and maintaining key real-time applications that are required for Avangrid BA functions, such as RTGEN (AGC), SCADA, SMP, OAG, State Estimation (SE), Real-Time Contingency Analysis (RTCA). The EMS Engineer position requires power systems analysis knowledge and system operations support experience, skills in problem solving, effective communication and teamwork within Avangrid’s challenging and collaborative environment.
Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Industrial Graphic Design, Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.5 years experience as it relates to the job description. (the company may consider candidates with less experience at a lower level)
- Knowledge of GE (Alstom) Energy Management System (e-terrageneration, e-terracomm, e-terracontrol, e-terrascada, e-terrahabitat, e-terrasource, e-terrabrowser)
- Knowledge of OATI’s webAccounting and webTrans.
- Experience managing and configuring communication protocols such as Modbus, DNP, OPC, ICCP, TCP/IP, EIDE, ISD.
- Experience in Balancing Authority (BA) operations.
- Experience in Power Systems Engineering
- Experience maintaining Windows Server/Client operating systems
- Understanding of Active Directory Organization and Permissions
- Experience with industrial networking, VLAN’s, NAT’s, Static Routing.
- Understanding of NERC / CIP standards.
- Ability to adhere to NERC standards including successful 7 year background investigation and security review.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with management, Plant Operations, and technical personnel.
Preference may be given to candidates with the following expertise:
- Process control and Energy Management Systems
- Power Plant Control Systems
- RTU communications and substation systems
- Background in Wind Energy.
- Computer programming (C++/C#)
- One or more of the following System Query Language (SQL)
- MS SQL
- Understanding of Computer Scripting
- Perl scripting
- VMWare virtualization
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a medical Fit for Duty exam (only if applicable to job requirements), background check, references, drug screen, verification of legal right to work in the U.S., and in some cases, a credit check. A credit check will be administered when a prospective employee will be working in Finance, Accounting, Treasury or where duties may involve handling of funds, accounts or cash. A Motor Vehicle (MVR) check will be administered when a prospective employee will be regularly using a company vehicle.
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or email@example.com