Shipping and Receiving Clerk
DSC Logistics is looking for a dependable and hardworking 1st shift Shipping and Receiving Clerk at our Carol Stream, IL location.
Hours for 2nd shift are Monday through Friday 1pm-9pm
The Shipping and Receiving Clerk is responsible for acting as the primary point of contact for all incoming and outgoing drivers. The clerk is responsible for completing paperwork, maintaining schedules, and ensuring all paperwork is complete and error free. The clerk provides information both internally and externally as needed.
- Sign driver in and out of the facility; verifying all paperwork
- Assign dock doors to the inbound and outbound loads
- Maintain door accuracy and yard report for trailer inventory
- Process Bill of Lading and associated shipping and receiving documents.
- Reconcile inbounds with packing slips and coordinate drop lot activity
- Coordinating moves on the yard for the spotter/yard jockey
- Provide a strong level of customer service to internal and external customers
- Maintain Inbound and Outbound Schedules
- Work closely with shift management and leads to accomplish shift goals.
- Report errors and/ or issues to appropriate member of leadership to ensure accuracy
- Participate in all training programs provided
- Performs all duties in a safe and timely manner.
- Responsible for helping to maintain company standards for safety, sanitation, security and housekeeping.
- Communicate problems, concerns and ideas to management; assist in finding solutions to problem areas.
- Interact with customers by phone, email, or in person and receive orders or changes in service
- Process and input all customer orders and receipts
- Generate all related paperwork and necessary information required for customer work orders, check all orders for special request, and post inventory records
- Coordinates special, last minute shipping request with the warehouse, expediting orders as necessary.
- Maintains a good working relationship with customers by responding to all inquiries and complaints concerning receipts, shipments, inventory counts, etc., in a courteous and efficient manner.
- Reports customer feedback to management, including any signs of customer dissatisfaction.
- Performs paperwork associated with orders including the maintenance of customer files.
- Performs clerical work as required including answering phone calls, operating various office machines and computers, corresponding with customers and greeting customers and visitors in the office.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent required.
- PC Experience with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Previous AS400 and/or warehouse management systems (WMS) experience preferred
- Basic math and reading skills necessary
- Detailed oriented with the ability to perform multiple task in fast moving environment
- Ability to follow oral and/or written instruction.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work with internal and external customers.
- Prior warehouse experience - understanding of general facility operations
- 3-5 years shipping/receiving experience in a warehouse environment preferred.
- Strong PC experience in MS Office (Excel, Word), AS400 applications, and RF systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve work-related issues.
- Strong attention to detail, clerical, mathematical, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work overtime when needed, often on short notice.
DSC Logistics is a leader in transforming logistics and supply chain management into a critical business strategy based on collaborative partnerships, innovative thinking and high-performance operations. DSC achieves the business goals of Fortune 500 and other dynamic companies by designing, integrating, managing and adapting customized supply chain solutions. As a Lead Logistics Partner (LLP) and third-party logistics (3PL) provider, DSC delivers value by reducing total system costs, optimizing business processes, facilitating growth and change, and maximizing the potential of the supply chain. In today’s environment, filled with rapid and unpredictable change, DSC helps customers achieve their goals by being ready for anything!
We offer a market competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) match and tuition reimbursement. Local candidates only, please, as relocation assistance is not available for this position.
DSC Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and relies on the diverse skills, backgrounds and perspectives of our people to drive change, innovation and growth. EOE/M
Warehouse Management System
Attention To Detail