Director of Quality & Compliance- Specialty Care
Acadia is a provider of behavioral healthcare services. In December 31, 2018, Acadia operated a network of 583 behavioral healthcare facilities with approximately 18,100 beds in 40 states, the United Kingdom and Puerto Rico. Acadia provides behavioral health and addiction services to its patients in a variety of settings, including inpatient psychiatric hospitals, specialty treatment facilities, residential treatment centers and outpatient clinics.
Acadia Healthcare's behavioral health treatment facilities are specialized in helping children, teenagers, and adults suffering from mental health disorders and/or alcohol and drug addiction. Our expertise in behavioral health allows us to provide the highest standard of treatment allowing recovery for the individual and their families. Our dedicated clinical teams across the country are passionate about every single one of their patients and their individual recovery.
The Director, Quality and Compliance is responsible for ensuring compliance with state and federal laws and regulations, and as such, will be responsible for providing expert guidance and advice on all aspects of policy development, clinical protocols, critical incident reporting, regulatory submissions, certifications and on-going regulatory compliance in all Acadia facilities.
- Monitor the day-to-day compliance activities in the facilities.
- Assist in the development of Performance Improvement practices in facilities and maintenance of same including analysis of data and prioritization of efforts-HBIPS; Outcome Measures, CMS Quality Indicators.
- Set expectations, develops plans, and manages processes to measure, assess and improve the quality of clinical programs and/or regulatory/accreditation compliance by measurable results in assigned facilities.
- Develop, review, and update internal clinical procedures, related outcomes measurement, patient satisfaction, clinical/financial scorecards to ensure ongoing compliance with federal, state and other third party regulatory requirements.
- Respond to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, & Codes of Conduct by evaluating and recommending investigations as appropriate. Coordinate resolution of ethics reports with VP and/or AVP of Clinical Services/Compliance, General Counsel and as indicated Acadia Director of HR.
- Initiate and lead communications with regulatory agencies as appropriate.
- Develop/maintain proficiency in regulatory planning strategy and the submission of regulatory plans. Develop corrective action plans for the resolution of problematic issues or to address areas of compliance vulnerability.
- Ensure proper facility reporting of violations or potential violations to duly authorized enforcement agencies as appropriate and/or required.
- Ensure proper facility reporting of incidents and adverse clinical outcomes to duly authorized enforcement agencies or regulatory agencies as appropriate and/or required.
- Translate standards, requirements and policies into terms or processes meaningful to the target program.
- Develop and evaluate the goals of the Company and prioritize the work in accordance with the strategic objectives of Acadia Healthcare.
- Maintain regular communication with clinical/leadership staff at assigned facilities regarding clinical and regulatory/accreditation issues.
- Work collaboratively with corporate staff, physicians, risk management, and other corporate leaders to address performance improvement and safety issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in healthcare or related field, Master's degree preferred.
- A minimum of five years' experience in psychiatric healthcare operations at the administrative/leadership level. Previous Medicare/Medicaid Operations/healthcare industry experience preferred.
- Knowledge of the Joint Commission, CMS, CARF and CHAMPUS standards and regulations.
- Experience in conducting complex compliance investigations, preferably in healthcare.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office; especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Licensed Vocational Nurses