To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Unionville, MO 63565
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Nursery/Finishing HOD 2
Smithfield Foods • Unionville, MO
Posted 25 days ago
HOD 1- Whitetail (ruralPutnam County) pay grade H05
DESCRIPTION: Responsible for the daily tasks associatedwith managing complex units. Responsiblefor managing inventories, cost, proper biosecurity precautions and productionperformance. Responsibilities include,but are not limited:
• Manages animalhealth and husbandry, environment control, feed management, hospital penmanagement, culling, sorting, and safety procedures
• Reports potentialor existing problems to Production Supervisor/Assistant Production Supervisor
• Ensures properusage of medication following the drug residue avoidance/Broken needlepolicies, along with keeping accurate records of data
• Responsible forperforming AM and PM Inspections of lagoons/risers
• Unloading/sortingof feeder pigs according to weekly schedules
• Some maintenancework is required, along with troubleshooting problems with equipment andfilling out work orders
• Responsible foraccurate and timely record keeping of finish complex activities
• Responsible foranimal health and welfare and reporting market and cull sales
• Performseuthanasia according to company policy, and in a timely manner
• Responsible forresponding to the farm when there is a problem with Hi/Low alarms, or Johnson Control malfunctions
• Responsible forfollowing current OTC feed management protocols
• Responsible foraccurate inventory counts on all animals
QUALIFICATIONS: Interested candidates must complete GrowFinish on site training/verification process. Pork Quality Assurance (PQA) Level 3 certification and access toreliable transportation and phone are required. Qualified candidates must have knowledge of up to date standard operatingprocedures, with experience in prevention and recognition of potential healthproblems.