Ready to change lives (including your own)? We are dedicated to creating a world of happy, healthy smiles. We believe every person deserves access to quality, affordable dental care -- and this mission drives everything we do. We are looking for a Dental Assistant ready to create memorable patient experiences. We are not your typical dentist office, so if you are ready to have fun and make a difference, keep reading!
Below are the basics of this role:
The Dental Assistant provides support to the office and is responsible for assisting the professional dental staff with treatment.
- Deliver quality and compassionate care to every patient
- Guide parents and patients through our processes before treatment
- Educate patients in oral hygiene instruction and provide postoperative instructions
- Prepare patient for examination and treatment
- Take x-rays and save to patient charts
- Responsible for the operational readiness of the hygiene bay and operatory rooms
- Prepare tray set-ups for dental procedures
- Mix amalgam, cement, pulp paste and prepare impression materials
- Sterilize and disinfect instruments and equipment
- Clean chairs and rooms
- Assist professional dental staff with treatment:
- Document patient information, treatment plans, and procedures in patient chart
- Assist with suctioning, holding retractors and suture cutting during surgical procedures
- Pour, trim and polish impression casts
- Fabricate custom impression trays
- Responsible for adhering to all government regulations and company standards
Ready to do more than the basics and be super awesome?
- Have fun and make sure our patients are having fun too
- Provide memorable patient experiences by showing compassion for our patients and parents
- Get out into your community -- participate in local events including school screenings, presentations and any opportunity to promote a positive image of us
- Look around and do more than you are asked to do by assisting with other office duties as needed
- Participate in morning huddles (hey, even ask to run one!), let your peers know how much you appreciate them, highlight great examples of customer focus, collaboration etc
- Integrity, always do the right thing!
- Love working with kids (they make up 70% or more of our patient base)
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
And yes, there are requirements for this role:
- Graduation from a senior high school or GED equivalent.
- X-ray certification, other certified dental assistant credentials are required (state and position specific)
Take care of our patients and we will take care of you:
We offer a very competitive salary and benefits package as well as growth opportunities to our full --time employees. Other benefits include: medical, dental, vision and optional life insurance. We also offer short and long term disability, 401K with match, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, company holidays and much much more!