To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Northbrook, IL 60062
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Apex Systems • Northbrook, IL
Posted 29 days ago
Description: Risk Assessments:
The Risk Assessment Consultant is responsible for assisting in driving the companys efforts to proactively identify, assess, and communicate the companys information security risks through critically analyzing the probable frequency and probable magnitude of future loss. The assessor works in close partnership with internal information security and business representatives to scope assessments, gather documentation, interview clients, identify risks, document findings, and ensure transparent management of risks by following a structured risk assessment methodology. This position will be expected to independently lead and complete high-quality assessments across a diverse set of technologies, business functions, and complexity. This includes but is not limited to assessments for internal and SAAS applications, network devices, control processes, business functions, and facilitating the ongoing analysis of enterprise-wide risks across Allstate and its family of companies. This position will also be expected to partner with management and team members to proactively identify and participate in implementing process improvements, overcome barriers to success, build professional relationships across the company, brief senior leaders, and be a collaborative member of the team.
Key Responsibilities include:
Risk Assessment Consultant:
Support Management & Decision Making:
• Works closely with and influences decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support a risk informed decision and action framework.
• Initiates and implements continuous improvements in all areas of IT responsibility.
Business Partner Management
• Acts as a Change Catalyst for a risk based approach to delivery of services and systems.
• Partners with others in their organization to set and manage expectations; continually seeks opportunities to be a thought partner and increase internal business partner satisfaction and deepen relationships.
• Adapts communication approach for audiences at multiple internal and external levels.
• Identify and recommend appropriate measures to manage and mitigate risks and reduce potential impacts on information resources to a level acceptable to the senior management of the company.
• Identify and report on new and emerging security risk and risk trends, including participating in risk remediation solution discussions and updates to compliance policy and standards.
• Fully understand business requirements and work with the business to define appropriate solutions for security objectives while meeting the business need.
• Manage the review of changes in company processes, standards and technology to ensure the effectiveness of security controls to meet compliance requirements.
• Integrate security risk reporting and management activities into Allstate day to day processes.
• Partner with all areas of the business, including internal auditors, legal, IT and business partners.
• Respond to and assist with audits, assessments and compliance requests.
• Serve as client liaison as needed on matters pertaining to Risk Management.
• Promote and consult on the positions that help strengthen and secure the organization by either following standards or helping direct others on technology positions.
• Act as a subject matter expert for the organization's information asset protection policies and procedures, and information technology best practices.
• Develop and refine enterprise policy, standards and procedures.
• Develop and refine procedures and techniques used by the team.
Other duties as assigned.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178