Exide Technologies is currently looking for qualified candidates to fill pasting, assembly, heat seal and formation operator positions in our production departments. Successful candidates must have mechanical ability and accurate math and measurement skills. Be able to control output of various machines in order to produce quality parts that are within required specifications. Meet or exceed production quantity goals set forth each day. Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction. Finally, candidates should have the ability to work in a team based manufacturing environment.
Apply online or text plantjobs to 97211 to begin your pre-screening process!
MUST be available to work 2nd or 3rd shift and train on 1st shift!
Shifts are scheduled for 8 hours, but mandatory overtime may require 12 hour days; weekend work should also be expected
The starting pay rate will be between $16-19 per hour; skill and business need will determine pay.
Exide Technologies offers a strong benefit package that includes the following:
- Medical, prescription, dental and vision plans
- Short-term, long term disability and employee life
- 401(k) plan with Company match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Exide pays the majority of your benefit contribution costs
- Most benefits are effective on your date of hire
- Will be required to do first piece inspection during the 1st hour of the day at their assigned station.
- Must be able to understand and communicate with all employees to receive training instruction and perform responsibilities.
- Will work with the line team to meet the daily production.
- Hourly records production on the tracking board in Pasting department.
- Perform weekly preventive maintenance on machine
- Meet daily production schedule.
- Will be exposed to lead (dust, fumes, and molten form) and other hazards.
- Comply with safety and health regulations for the protection of self and fellow workers. Includes shower and shampoo at the end of each work shift.
- Must learn to follow quality control specs and procedures. Maintain accurate and timely SPC charts.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Perform testing as required.
- Must occasionally operate forklift to stage at the pasting stations and/or move pasted plates to the ovens.
- Follow Excel lean Manufacturing Procedures.
- Comply with current Quality Systems Requirements – SQPC pack.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Continuous standing, lifting, bending, and twisting
- Occasionally required to work in extreme environmental conditions (hot, cold, humid)
- Must wear personal protective equipment such as gloves, respirator, safety glasses, and steel toed shoes, hearing protection, etc., as outlined in established department PPE policy.
- Must be able to do some heavy lifting.
- Small hand tools, control panels, data collection equipment.
- Molds for heat seal machine and small hand tools, control panels, data collection equipment.
Education, Experience, Skills Required:
- Mechanical aptitude required.
- Previous manufacturing experience helpful.
- Computer literate.
- Must achieve passing score on pre-employment assessment
Exide Technologies is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Exide Technologies ([ Link removed ]) is a global provider of stored electrical-energy solutions for the transportation and industrial markets. Exide’s 130 years of technology innovation combined with operations in more than 80 countries enables the company to deliver compelling solutions for the world’s current and future power needs. Exide produces and recycles a broad range of products, serving the Transportation, Industrial Network Power and Motive Power market segments with battery and energy storage systems and specialty applications for a broad range of industries including: agricultural, automotive, electric, light and heavy-duty truck, marine, materials handling, military, mining, powersport, railroad, security, telecommunications, utility and uninterruptible power supply (UPS), among others. Exide is Powering the World Forward - history and scale combined with a start-up mentality make Exide the right choice for customers who want more than simply a battery supplier.
Personal Protective Equipment
Statistical Process Controls