To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Kankakee, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
CLINICAL CASE MANAGER MHU
Riverside Medical Center • Kankakee, IL
Posted 2 days ago
The MHU Clinical Case Manager combines advanced clinical skills with organizational skills to coordinate all aspects of the patient's treatment plan. Functions in the role of clincian, educator, liaison, and resource person. Establishes treatment goals and priorities in accordance with patient and organizational objectives in weekly staffings and case reviews. Participates in Utilization Review and unit performance improvement activities. Assists in the development of staff inservice training and ongoing follow-up and monitoring.
- Master's Degree in Social Work or Psychology preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work or Psychology required
- Minimum of 2 years of clinical experience working with mentally ill
- Demonstrates familiarity with short-term crisis intervention, understanding of individual psychotherapy, and family intervention
- Possess broad understanding of various theoretical perspectives in evaluating patient treatment needs and responses
License or Certification Requirements:
- LSW or LPC or eligible
Work Schedule: Varies
Location: Riverside Medical Center
- Acts as a resource to unit leadership as necessary.
- Assumes responsibility for coordinating the treatment and discharge planning for mental health patients.
- Completes psycho/social assessment within 72 hours of admission on all assigned patients.
- Coordinates regularly scheduled treatment team staffing and case reviews providing input into the department, implementation and update of treatment plans.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the action and side effects of psychotropic medications.
- Performs certification and insurance reviews for assigned patients, as needed.
- Provides ongoing evaluation of patients' involvement/response to treatment.
- Provides regularly scheduled family intervention to assess, involve family/other in treatment and discharge planning.
- Serves as a liaison between physicians, team staff, and outpatient agencies, following confidentiality standards.
Riverside Healthcare is revolutionizing care using leading-edge technology to diagnose and treat patients. We are ranked top in the nation for performance in neurosurgery, orthopedics, and heart surgery and have also been named one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals® by Truven Health Analytics seven times. Riverside is nationally recognized for our specialty programs in obstetrics, trauma, oncology, rehabilitation, geriatrics, occupational health, psychiatric services, and treatment of alcohol and chemical dependency, as well as patient safety. We combine innovation and convenience at state-of-the-art facilities located in communities throughout the greater Kankakee area.
Riverside Medical Center proves that truly progressive medicine is being delivered in Chicago’s southwest suburbs and East Central Illinois. Join a team that is not only concerned with providing the best care possible but also with offering a work environment of advancement and growth. Riverside is a place that embraces a culture where opinions count and dedication is respected, where superior performance is rewarded with competitive salaries and excellent benefits.